Question about Logitech Braiding and Paracord

Hey, first time posting.

Let me start off by saying that the Logitech braiding on the G403 wired I just got is absolutely terrible. I've seen videos of people using a knife/scalpel to slowly remove the braided fibres...is this safe to do? I don't want to end up damaging the rubber cable underneath.

Another option is just to buy a paracord. Would I need extra mouse skates to reapply after completion seeing as though I have to scrape the existing ones off? Thank you for reading and hopefully responding ❤️

The braiding is fine...why would you go through the hassle to remove and replace it? Not only is it a lot of work that could possibly damage the cable and render the mouse useless, but it will increase the weight of the cable and won't look nearly as good as the stock cable that comes from the factory.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Why is it terrible...?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

29 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

The braiding is fine...why would you go through the hassle to remove and replace it? Not only is it a lot of work that could possibly damage the cable and render the mouse useless, but it will increase the weight of the cable and won't look nearly as good as the stock cable that comes from the factory.

18 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Why is it terrible...?

I'll answer you both: the thick braiding makes the cable very stiff and only bends in a specific direction, i have to offset my bungee to account for that. It also drags really terribly on my mouse mat, making an audible scratching noise. I've never had an issue with other brand's braiding but I really like the mouse so I was just wondering if I could remove the braiding.

1 minute ago, justintime444 said:

I'll answer you both: the thick braiding makes the cable very stiff and only bends in a specific direction, i have to offset my bungee to account for that. It also drags really terribly on my mouse mat, making an audible scratching noise. I've never had an issue with other brand's braiding but I really like the mouse so I was just wondering if I could remove the braiding.

Yeah you can cut it off easily, just a regular rubber cord is left underneath.

You don't need to cut down the whole length of the cable, just cut at one point and you can unwind the strands off of the whole thing, it will just take a while and you do need a small pointed object to help with that.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

23 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Yeah you can cut it off easily, just a regular rubber cord is left underneath.

You don't need to cut down the whole length of the cable, just cut at one point and you can unwind the strands off of the whole thing, it will just take a while and you do need a small pointed object to help with that.

Thanks for the reply, is this feasible or should i just splurge a few dollars and install a paracord + new feet?

12 minutes ago, justintime444 said:

Thanks for the reply, is this feasible or should i just splurge a few dollars and install a paracord + new feet?

Adding paracord would make it even stiffer unless you remove the current one in the first place.

So how about start by removing the current one first.

Spoiler