Threadripper not posting (Asus Prime X399-A)

Hi,

I recently bought a Threadripper 1920X and an Asus Prime X399-A motherboard. I spent about a day assembling everything, and when I try to boot it, I get the error code "10". Also the motherboard led indicating a problem with my RAM is on. But the thing is, I have been using this ram for over a year in a different pc without any problems. Like to ram on amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01DPSQPF2/ref=od_aui_detailpages01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have tried different DIMM slots, and reseating the RAM multiple times. I also did a "bench test" where I unplugged everything from the motherboard except power, cpu, cooler, and ram. It still posts code 10. I have ordered some new ram off amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0134EW7G8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

In the hopes that it will work? I looked at the motherboard's official supported RAM modules, and my current one SHOULD be compatible, but it's not working.

RAM compatibility list source: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-X399-A/HelpDesk_QVL/

Does anyone have any ideas about what my problem might be?

Thank you so much in advance everyone :D

First, try booting with only one RAM stick installed. If that works, play around with the RAM configuration a bit (order of sticks, what slot to use, etc.) There's quite a few things that could be going wrong. You could have a broken RAM slot, broken RAM stick, or even a bent pin on your CPU. At this point, trial and error is your best bet. Good luck!

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

Just now, bellabichon said:

First, try booting with only one RAM stick installed. If that works, play around with the configuration a bit. There's quite a few things that could be going wrong. You could have a broken RAM slot, broken RAM stick, or even a bent pin on your CPU. At this point, trial and error is your best bet. Good luck!

Well the ram that I have currently is only a single stick, and I just switched it back to my other computer 5 mins ago and it works perfectly. So I'm guessing it's some sort of compatibility issue.