Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Linux is bad. Forever. A funny video by Linux lovers.

You might want to patch your title there.

hahahahaha @LinusTech get mistaken again xD 

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

yeah felt like click-bait.  I came here to see a video about how Linus Sebastian is bad and ended up getting some other Linux thing.

-fealsbadman-

10 hours ago, LogicWeasel said:

yeah felt like click-bait.  I came here to see a video about how Linus Sebastian is bad and ended up getting some other Linux thing.

-fealsbadman-

if it were about Linus Sebastian why would it be posted in operating systems?

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

always the desktop with issues.... nobody ever complain about the Linux servers or those running on super computers 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

On 11/7/2018 at 5:21 AM, Lukyp said:

that list is stupid 

e.g. 

"There's no concept of drivers in Linux aside from proprietary drivers for NVIDIA/AMD GPUs which are separate packages: almost all drivers are already either in the kernel or various complementary packages (like foomatic/sane/etc). It's impossible for the user to understand whether their hardware is indeed supported by the running Linux distro and whether all the required drivers are indeed installed and working properly (e.g. all the firmware files are available and loaded or necessary printer filters are installed)."

lmao. linux isnt fcking windows. Does anyone ever turn on their iphone and ask if drivers need to be installed? linux haters=those who expect everything to work the same and get frustrated when they do not. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Linux is great for the most part.

That said, the X.org is a corpse who refused to be buried.

10 hours ago, wasab said:

lmao. linux isnt fcking windows. Does anyone ever turn on their iphone and ask if drivers need to be installed? linux haters=those who expect everything to work the same and get frustrated when they do not. 

He is not a Linux hater, I agree some parts are biased (the security thing) but for the rest he is correct, especially for the X.org, alsa and pulseaudio infrastructure

That dude also stated Windows is not better at all that is just constructive criticisms 

Also I knew that article from Linux hackers I met in the past

Edited by Guest

Corporate culture of Linux? Linux has been in the corporate world for years and will always be in one way or another. It really makes no difference for the Linux users.

For coincidence, today for the first time, the audio in my Ubuntu just got all distorted... back to fix my operating system again :D

17 hours ago, wasab said:

Because Apple designs their system to avoid the need for the user to have to ask that question. Ditto with Google and Android (you don't have people asking if drivers need to be installed on their Android phone). Even for most Windows users, Microsoft will supply an updated driver over Windows Update at some point for hardware that really needs it.

I'm under the belief you shouldn't be updating drivers unless it's actually going to fix something.

Also I will posit the author of that list is incorrect in that Linux has no concept of drivers. It does, in the form of Loadable Kernel Modules.

The problem I have with Linux though is every time I want to tinker something with it on a deeper level, it feels like it requires more work than it should. To me a distribution feels like a collection of randomly assorted parts that just happens to have one interface that connects to the rest of the system.

9 hours ago, AbsoluteFool said:

Corporate culture of Linux? Linux has been in the corporate world for years and will always be in one way or another. It really makes no difference for the Linux users.

Right.  Linux is most widely used by the corporate who run large servers. Average consumers, not so much. It is ironic because Linus Torvalds intended Linux to be a desktop os foremost 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

1 hour ago, wasab said:

Right.  Linux is most widely used by the corporate who run large servers. Average consumers, not so much. It is ironic because Linus Torvalds intended Linux to be a desktop os foremost 

Maybe that was his intent. But the corporate users is amongst those who i would bet has put most work into creating linux what it is today. That data centers uses linux is not a surprise. Honestly people now days seem to get dumber and dumber, and that's how corporations make them pay for services because the random consumer don't know any better. You can't really lay that blame on the corporate, you must place that blame on the consumer market.

Emergancy taught naked woman to weave. And so will computers learn humanity to take responsebilities instead of showing it over to the corporate and complain about it after.

3 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Because Apple designs their system to avoid the need for the user to have to ask that question. Ditto with Google and Android (you don't have people asking if drivers need to be installed on their Android phone). Even for most Windows users, Microsoft will supply an updated driver over Windows Update at some point for hardware that really needs it.

I'm under the belief you shouldn't be updating drivers unless it's actually going to fix something.

Also I will posit the author of that list is incorrect in that Linux has no concept of drivers. It does, in the form of Loadable Kernel Modules.

The problem I have with Linux though is every time I want to tinker something with it on a deeper level, it feels like it requires more work than it should. To me a distribution feels like a collection of randomly assorted parts that just happens to have one interface that connects to the rest of the system.

No I meant does android or iOS users ever need to install drivers when they need to print from a printer? Last time I check, they don’t and for the most part Linux is like that too. Most stuffs are in the kernel. In fact, 85% of the Linux kernel is just drivers 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

On 11/10/2018 at 11:29 PM, wasab said:

No I meant does android or iOS users ever need to install drivers when they need to print from a printer? Last time I check, they don’t and for the most part Linux is like that too. Most stuffs are in the kernel. In fact, 85% of the Linux kernel is just drivers 

Android has an hugely modified kernel, doesn't have a lot of drivers in it, also for the printer you don't need kernel drivers at all because it is all in userspace especially for WiFi printers

I tried putting an external WiFi adapter via USB otg on my old Android phone and it didn't worked, no kernel driver and I also think no Android userspace thingy capable to manage two WiFi cards, If I remember right Android has its own network manager which relies on wpa_supplicant (iOS does the same with the same program)

Edited by Guest

I love his false dichotomy of trying to compare Windows users finding Windows hard to use compared to a room full of Linux nerds thinking Linux is easy... 

On 11/14/2018 at 12:02 AM, descendency said:

I love his false dichotomy of trying to compare Windows users finding Windows hard to use compared to a room full of Linux nerds thinking Linux is easy... 

trust me, if linux is your first OS, you WILL find windows difficult to use. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

On 11/12/2018 at 5:13 AM, Lukyp said:

I tried putting an external WiFi adapter via USB otg on my old Android phone and it didn't worked, no kernel driver and I also think no Android userspace thingy capable to manage two WiFi cards, If I remember right Android has its own network manager which relies on wpa_supplicant (iOS does the same with the same program)

false, absolutely false.

take that Apple. iphones are closed walled shiny gadgets that cant do much. muahahahahaha

Sudo make me a sandwich 

13 hours ago, wasab said:

trust me, if linux is your first OS, you WILL find windows difficult to use. 

The point is that the average Linux user is far more likely to be a power user than the average Windows user. 

On 11/15/2018 at 6:50 AM, wasab said:

false, absolutely false.

take that Apple. iphones are closed walled shiny gadgets that cant do much. muahahahahaha

I don't think that video is legit 

7 hours ago, Lukyp said:

I don't think that video is legit 

Dude, you can. There are bunch of apps out there for it. 

E.g Repwifi

Sudo make me a sandwich