Choppy OBS Streaming (Suggestions Required)

10 hours ago, MoNeY2TechTips said:

Capping my games to 60fps on a 144 Hz Monitor doesn't sound like a good solution brother.

I know, but if that was a change made when you upgraded your gpu, it's something to consider about why you're having problems. You can just try it out and see if it's true. If it is, you have a choice to make, if it isn't, something else is going on.

On 11/7/2018 at 3:22 AM, WereCat said:

1.) In the VIDEO tab, select your OUTPUT resolution, its not recommended to use the RESCALE OUTPUT option on the OUTPUT tab.

2) 3000 bitrate is way too low for 720p60FPS, you need at the very least 5000bitrate for it to look OK but minimum recommended is 6000. 720p30FPS is fine at 3000bitrate.

3.) If you are using NVENC then your CPU doesent matter, all the load is on the GPU.

Try these settings

NVENC H.264

Rate Control = CBR

Bitrate = 6000 (for 720p60) or 3000 )for 720p30)

Preset = High Quality

Profile = High

Level = Auto

Use Two Pass Encoding

B-frames = 2

I tried these settings and was getting a constant dropped frame percentage of 65.8 with only Circle circling on my Stream Video on YouTube like it's stuck loading stream. Game ran without hiccups though but I did notice frame drops in game too. OBS also shows 6.5% CPU Use and a RED Square with 1200 - 940 Kb/s.

Any thoughts guys !!

1 hour ago, MoNeY2TechTips said:

I tried these settings and was getting a constant dropped frame percentage of 65.8 with only Circle circling on my Stream Video on YouTube like it's stuck loading stream. Game ran without hiccups though but I did notice frame drops in game too. OBS also shows 6.5% CPU Use and a RED Square with 1200 - 940 Kb/s.

Any thoughts guys !!

that may be an upload issue as well, you may have inconsistent upload speed that spikes all over the place as I do, that may cause frame drops from stream

20 minutes ago, WereCat said:

that may be an upload issue as well, you may have inconsistent upload speed that spikes all over the place as I do, that may cause frame drops from stream

How do I resolve that ? 

31 minutes ago, WereCat said:

I also duplicated the stream settings to recording settings and recorded my game. It ran smooth without any issues on either the game or obs. Is this indicative that nothing is wrong with my hardware and its just the upload speed ? I don't know if Streaming and Recording incur same stress on system.

12 minutes ago, MoNeY2TechTips said:

I also duplicated the stream settings to recording settings and recorded my game. It ran smooth without any issues on either the game or obs. Is this indicative that nothing is wrong with my hardware and its just the upload speed ? I don't know if Streaming and Recording incur same stress on system.

Yeah, its the upload then. Its your internet. I have the same issue, no idea how to resolve it, call your ISP or something ... or just stick to lower resolution and lower bitrates, try how low you have to go with bitrates to reduce the drops as much as possible.

17 hours ago, WereCat said:

Yeah, its the upload then. Its your internet. I have the same issue, no idea how to resolve it, call your ISP or something ... or just stick to lower resolution and lower bitrates, try how low you have to go with bitrates to reduce the drops as much as possible.

I ran a speed test and found that my upload speed is 8.5 Mbps. I take a stable value as 7 Mbps and derived 80% of it which gives me 5.6 Mbps or 5600 Kbps.

What Bitrate should I set my OBS on with this ?

On 11/8/2018 at 9:33 AM, WereCat said:

YO MAN !!! I FIXED IT !!!!

I was fiddling around some settings and I saw that the Game Source I was usinv had a Check on 'Limit capture framerate'. I unchecked it and its all good now. Finally everything is working as it should.

Thanks alot folks for your suggestions !! <removed content>

Edited by SansVarnic
Removed content.

It is not your cpu... I have a much much worse one and it's fine in 1080p at 60fps. The trick is to go to advanced and there is a option x264 cpu preset. The higher in the list the option selected the less strain on you CPU, although this sacrifices a bit of quality it does improve the smoothness alot. Increase the option one higher and try that. If its still lagging go higher untill it runs smooth. This worked for me so Hope this helps for you too...

Edit: oops I see you fixed it already.... My bad...