upgrade to H115i Plat AIO Water cooler [Corsair]

BelgianNoise
Go to solution Solved by knightslugger,
13 minutes ago, BelgianNoise said:

What do i connect the pimp speed header to?

The CPU_FAN header.

Where do i connect my radiator fans to?

The Pump's Y-splitter.

My plan is to update to an AIO.
Now i have some question about connecting all those cables... RGB... PWM....
it gets messy....

This is my setup right now.

What Part it is

The cables

image.png.e9065ae10b4c2865d18290350566ece3.png

Now I am planning to get a Corsair Commander and a H115i Plat AIO and im trying to figure out how to connect everything.

This is What i came up with.

The ones i ave questions about

image.png.ffa62decdde81c76f292db6977a8b893.png

disclaimer: not all ports are positioned like this or look like this. thi is a visual representation.

Q1: What do i connect the pimp speed header to? The commander or the CPU fan port on my mobo? 

I would say the last one since it would tell the pump speed under "CPU" in software.

Q2: Where do i connect my radiator fans to?  Do i connect them to the CPU block or the commander, i figure connecting them to the CPU would be teh best idea?
Also teh lighting of the rad fans. do i put them on the lighting node or just on the CPU block? i would go for lighting node here.

IF smeone gets my nice drawings and sees a big mistake, please correct me before i blow up my pc :D
i really do hope someone gets it. its like a littel puzzle :)

PS: come on you gotta give me credit for my paint skills.

I am here to learn, please correct me if im wrong or you see me putting bs on your screen!

How is your radiator going to cool your cpu? You don't have the Rad fans hooked up.

On a serious note. Does your commander how have a primary port and an input? Like most of them have one port that it uses to report to the cpu header. Then it takes the information from the CPU header and applies that to ALL the fans connected. So if your cpu is hot it speeds up pump and all connected fans, if it isn't then they stay running at a lower speed.

Personally being an AIO i would want the pump running 100% or atleast 80% all the time as they are pretty weak. So I would connect it a seperate header that I could set to 90+ % all the time... then let the commander control the rest. I haven't used that particular commander though so I could be wrong on how it functions. It might allow you to specify all of this in the software without needing to have everything run off the cpu header.

What do i connect the pimp speed header to?

The CPU_FAN header.

Where do i connect my radiator fans to?

The Pump's Y-splitter.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

2 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

How is your radiator going to cool your cpu? You don't have the Rad fans hooked up.

"Q2: Where do i connect my radiator fans to?  Do i connect them to the CPU block or the commander,"
That was teh question

I am here to learn, please correct me if im wrong or you see me putting bs on your screen!

4 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

The CPU_FAN header.

The Pump's Y-splitter.

Should i use the included thermal paste? or my third party one?

5 minutes ago, BelgianNoise said:

Should i use the included thermal paste? or my third party one?

not sure what you have, but if your 3rd party TIM is made by Skippy or Jif... i would use the stuff Corsair supplies.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

15 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

On a serious note. Does your commander how have a primary port and an input? Like most of them have one port that it uses to report to the cpu header. Then it takes the information from the CPU header and applies that to ALL the fans connected. So if your cpu is hot it speeds up pump and all connected fans, if it isn't then they stay running at a lower speed.

Personally being an AIO i would want the pump running 100% or atleast 80% all the time as they are pretty weak. So I would connect it a seperate header that I could set to 90+ % all the time... then let the commander control the rest. I haven't used that particular commander though so I could be wrong on how it functions. It might allow you to specify all of this in the software without needing to have everything run off the cpu header.

You describe it as if it is a hub for PWM.
Andit is a usb2 header. tryconnecting that to ur cpu.

it might just be me, but i dont understand ur english