[Build Log] The Tower 900 RTX 2080 Dual Custom Loop Build

WTFocus

Hello, all

Just signed up and would like my first thread to be my Thermaltake Tower 900 Build. Let me know in the comments if you'd like to see a list of parts in advance or just let it be a surprise as I continue to post. 

We can start off with the chassis as we would with a car. Which in my "case" barely fit into my mustang. Right off that bat I already see that I'll be in search of a longer desk. The search for an 11 ft long desk begins!

20180730_163317.jpg

20180730_212159.jpg

20180730_213154.jpg

Perfect size desk no? J/k :P 

I'm curious to see how this build will turn out. It's an interesting case (I've pondered over it many times), but I feel like it's hard to do it justice and avoid it feeling too empty.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

On 11/6/2018 at 1:02 PM, tikker said:

Perfect size desk no? J/k :P 

I'm curious to see how this build will turn out. It's an interesting case (I've pondered over it many times), but I feel like it's hard to do it justice and avoid it feeling too empty.

The Dual loop water system should fill up the voids i hope.

swap the sata cables around my  ocd is kicking in:

from blue-white-white-blue-white-blue-white-blue-white-blue

Swap         ?

white-blue-white-blue-white-blue-white-blue-white-blue

see...

Systems:

Main Gaming:                                                        Windows XP:

Ryzen 5 2600                                                               Intel Pentium 3

Asus RX 580 OC                                                     1GB DDR2

Patriot Viper DDR4 8GB                                         Asus Motherboard

Asus ROG B450-I                                                   Dell 300W

Corsair CX 450                                                       ATI Rage 128 Fury Pro

FreeNAS Server:                                                   Windows 98/95 duel boot:

I5 3400k                                                                  Pentium Pro

Patriot DDR3 8GB                                                  HP Vectra motherboard 

Gigabyte Ultra Durable                                           500MB RAM

Rosewill Glacier 600W                                           Soundblaster 16

Matrox Mystique

Random PC:                                                         

AMD Phenom x4 850                                          Key:

Kukete A78                                                          Motherboard

Kingston 4GB DDR3                                            Memory

Dell 500W                                                            Power Supply

Graphics Card

Other Gaming:                                                    Sound Card

Ryzen 5 2600                                                       Processor

Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming

MSI 1050 OC

Hyper-X 16GB DDR4

EVGA 750 B2

4 minutes ago, BLLDoesTech said:

swap the sata cables around my  ocd is kicking in:

from blue-white-white-blue-white-blue-white-blue-white-blue

Swap         ?

white-blue-white-blue-white-blue-white-blue-white-blue

see...

ahhhhh nice catch! thanks. 

• 3 months later...

**Update**

Ended up changing the wire colors and instead of using the cable mod replacements i will be making my own wire harness out of scratch. This is due to the lengths not being long enough given the size of the case and desired cable routes i would like. i also have gotten in quite a good amount of parts in and will post some pictures up. still waiting on finishing up some acrylic work. stay tuned. Most pictures you will see are mock ups as i am still waiting on some parts to completely solidify route for tubing and wiring

M2ADR6m.jpg

35R4S3r.jpg

06NTBwB.jpg

MlokVAM.jpg

HZdVrt1.jpg

87edWdP.jpg

8akx0EX.jpg

xJKTJKb.jpg

uhemPth.jpg

kvoYKTR.jpg

ML6WFv6.jpg

nhBytm2.jpg

bhZY0er.jpg

OXZp0sk.jpg

G5JCJ0D.jpg

KPctE4K.jpg

ywbmJYb.jpg

hpipJRK.jpg

L8KjEUj.jpg

Good job going with the SE rads, lol. I bought a CE for my GPU and there’s almost no clearance between the rad and power supply now. Luckily, I remembered that when I ordered the second rad for my CPU a few weeks ago. 

Also, don’t worry about your case looking empty. I have much smaller reservoirs and it looks quite full. Your build should look great. 

Yea the EKWB  is perfect for the space provided in the back. I tried my best to do all the measurements before ordering. 

On 2/19/2019 at 10:54 AM, zubiecup99 said:

Good job going with the SE rads, lol. I bought a CE for my GPU and there’s almost no clearance between the rad and power supply now. Luckily, I remembered that when I ordered the second rad for my CPU a few weeks ago. 

Also, don’t worry about your case looking empty. I have much smaller reservoirs and it looks quite full. Your build should look great. 

Making some test passes on our laser machine. This thing just glows with any amount of light. 

Screenshot_20190220-111212_Video Player.jpg

On 2/17/2019 at 6:28 PM, WTFocus said:

Is it difficult to make your own power supply connectors?  Where do you get the plugs at the end of the connectors?

On 3/8/2019 at 4:26 AM, zFox said:

Is it difficult to make your own power supply connectors?  Where do you get the plugs at the end of the connectors?

its not very difficult. it is however a very tedious process but with enough patience and guidance anyone can do its not rocket science. Experience is key and always triple check wire connections before connecting to components to prevent any shorting due to wrong wiring.