Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i7 4790k bottlenecking 2080ti??

Would my i7 4790k bottleneck a 2080ti playing 1440p games? and if so, what cpu do you recommend to make it run fine? 

 

thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it'll bottleneck a bit if you're looking for those super high framerates. You'd have to upgrade to a 8700K ideally. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X MSI B550M Mortar 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 @ CL15 - RX5700XT 660p 1TBGB & 256GB 600p Fractal Define Mini C CM V550 - Pop!_OS 20.04

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know for sure, however I think it will bottleneck if you want to play at 144hz. Planning on buying one?

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Uptivuptiz said:

I don't know for sure, however I think it will bottleneck if you want to play at 144hz. Planning on buying one?

Planning yes, still doing research.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mrwizo said:

Planning yes, still doing research.

Ok. Buying it for ray tracing or just the performance? If it's just for the performance, may I recommend buying a 1080 Ti instead. Yes, I now it's last gen, but it produces less heat and it's cheaper ( maybe, can't remember, too lazy to check :D)

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Ok. Buying it for ray tracing or just the performance? If it's just for the performance, may I recommend buying a 1080 Ti instead. Yes, I now it's last gen, but it produces less heat and it's cheaper ( maybe, can't remember, too lazy to check :D)

I realized that my life couldn't go on without ray tracing in it :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, mrwizo said:

I realized that my life couldn't go on without ray tracing in it :P

Hahaha ok :D 

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, mrwizo said:

I realized that my life couldn't go on without ray tracing in it :P

If only ray tracing actually worked hahaha :D 

 

Windows 10 1809 required, yeah, nobody has that yet because MS can't guarantee your data won't be gone after updating lol.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X MSI B550M Mortar 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 @ CL15 - RX5700XT 660p 1TBGB & 256GB 600p Fractal Define Mini C CM V550 - Pop!_OS 20.04

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

If only ray tracing actually worked hahaha :D 

 

Windows 10 1809 required, yeah, nobody has that yet because MS can't guarantee your data won't be gone after updating lol.

not to mention no games are out for it lool

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mrwizo said:

not to mention no games are out for it lool

Technically, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, but that needs to be updated for it. The next game will be BF V. :) 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X MSI B550M Mortar 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 @ CL15 - RX5700XT 660p 1TBGB & 256GB 600p Fractal Define Mini C CM V550 - Pop!_OS 20.04

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, NelizMastr said:

Technically, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, but that needs to be updated for it. The next game will be BF V. :) 

ill be watching closely, since it might be what shifts my interest into a 1080ti.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mrwizo said:

ill be watching closely, since it might be what shifts my interest into a 1080ti.

The 1080Ti stock is running dry, though, so you might have to make a decision rather soon. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X MSI B550M Mortar 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 @ CL15 - RX5700XT 660p 1TBGB & 256GB 600p Fractal Define Mini C CM V550 - Pop!_OS 20.04

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mrwizo said:

Would my i7 4790k bottleneck a 2080ti playing 1440p games? and if so, what cpu do you recommend to make it run fine? 

 

thanks

Don't waste money, get a 1080ti.  Ray tracing is unlikely to go big in the next 3-4 years.

 

Overclock the 4790k, then use the same benchmarks in the reviewer tests, see the difference then make a decision.

 

Not synthetic either, game benchmarks eg. Witcher 3.

AMD R7 2700 | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | B450M Mortar  | GTX 1070 6GB | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | BitFenix Phenom M | Corsair AX760 | Khadas Soundboard + JDS Labs Atom | Debian 10 SID

 

Thanks let me know if I said something useful. Cheers!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×