How to create a backup ISO file in Windows 8.1

Harsha Varma

can some one guide me on how to create a backup ISO file for my existing PC in Windows 8.1

26 minutes ago, Harsha Varma said:

can some one guide me on how to create a backup ISO file for my existing PC in Windows 8.1

you mean a backup? Id use the built in windows 7 backup and restore in windows. You can make a image of the os and restore the image.

13 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

you mean a backup? Id use the built in windows 7 backup and restore in windows. You can make a image of the os and restore the image.

when i did the backup using in-built backup and restore, I am not getting ISO file, it shows 'WindowsImageBackup'

I want to use this backup in a different computer

Just now, Harsha Varma said:

when i did the backup using in-built backup and restore, I am not getting ISO file.

I want to use this backup in a different computer

why do you want a iso?

Do you want to put this os on anouther system? Thats a bad idea, you want a fesh install. And if you want to do that, you don't want a iso, you want a img or a vhd or whatever format you want.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

why do you want a iso?

Do you want to put this os on anouther system? Thats a bad idea, you want a fesh install. And if you want to do that, you don't want a iso, you want a img or a vhd or whatever format you want.

I am working on some stuff, so i need to keep on re-imaging this PC, so it ll be helpfull if i can do that with Updated Windows 8.1 OS

1 minute ago, Harsha Varma said:

I am working on some stuff, so i need to keep on re-imaging this PC, so it ll be helpfull if i can do that with Updated Windows 8.1 OS

Why just make a image of the system with all the updates, then restore the image. Use a program like clonezilla for this.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

Why just make a image of the system with all the updates, then restore the image. Use a program like clonezilla for this.

I got your point, But, i have to do it on multiple PC's

If i copy that backup file in any external device and try to do that, System is not detecting that :(

2 minutes ago, Harsha Varma said:

I got your point, But, i have to do it on multiple PC's

If i copy that backup file in any external device and try to do that, System is not detecting that :(

What do you mean not detecting?

Does it boot to your usb? Does it boot into clonezilla?

You can also make a custom iso with some programs with all the updates, did you google this?