Anyone on the Fallout 76 beta, have any insight into hardware?

atxcyclist

I've really been looking forward to this game, but the minimum specs are fairly steep. Just wondering if anyone is playing the beta and whether or not the gameplay is acceptable anywhere near the low-end of requirements. I'm on a 7600k and a GTX 1060 6gb, 16gb of fast memory as well. I know the video card and ram are more than enough, but what I read was that the minimum Intel chip was a 6600k, not much less than what I have. It'd suck to buy the game only to find out a processor or platform upgrade is necessary to play it well at all.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

They're a K on the end of the CPU name ?

I'm sure it'll be fine and you can overclock a little if not. 

(haven't played yet) 

I am running it just fine in the beta on a i5 8600k, 16 GB ram  and a GTX 770 my processor is a bit better, but your gpu is much better. I play it just fine with high settings keeping over 30 fps in the action and 60+ fps walking around. have a friend playign it just fine on a old amd 1055 (thier first 6 core) and a gtx 650 thogh he is on medium settings with shadows on low.  

Played on an i7-8700 with gtx 1070, had consistent framerates of 100+ most of the time. High settings. 

On 11/5/2018 at 11:05 PM, r4tch3t said:

They're a K on the end of the CPU name ?

I'm sure it'll be fine and you can overclock a little if not. 

(haven't played yet) 

Decided to see what I could do with an overclock, went from 3.8 to 4.4ghz real easily, so probably sitting alright for the time being. Maybe I'll do an AIO sometime and try for a little bit more, but running just under 70c @ 4.4ghz is alright as is. Fallout 4 runs a lot smoother at least.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

It wont really matter because there will be no high framerate gaming anymore.  Bethesda capped it to 63fps.

I'm thinking about refunding it. 

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

9 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

It wont really matter because there will be no high framerate gaming anymore.  Bethesda capped it to 63fps.

I'm thinking about refunding it. 

Kinda loled and oofed when I heard that. Especially stupid of Bethesda considering how many people are moving away from 60Hz and pushing to 144Hz or higher since the monitors are getting cheaper. They're basically making their game outdated before it's even launched. Heck, even Battlefront II 2005 has a higher fps cap at 80fps, and it was made back when nobody was using anything higher than 60Hz or so. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

2 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Kinda loled and oofed when I heard that. Especially stupid of Bethesda considering how many people are moving away from 60Hz and pushing to 144Hz or higher since the monitors are getting cheaper. They're basically making their game outdated before it's even launched. Heck, even Battlefront II 2005 has a higher fps cap at 80fps, and it was made back when nobody was using anything higher than 60Hz or so. 

It is so ridiculous.  Even more ridiculous is the reasoning.  They tied so much of the physics in the game to the fps that they can not fix it.  How could have they made such a dumb mistake?  PC version must have been such a low consideration. 

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

I do not know why the min Spec is a 6600k, I am running a 6600k and had great results during the demo. 

Interesting how people with older gpu´s are having a better experience then me.
I have a 4960k 8 gb ram and a gtx 980 and it ran like shiiiiit. Medium made it playable but it was dancing around 25 at best, not sure if there is something wrong with my PC but boy did i have a terrible time.

Aside from performance issues the game was a buggy mess. Anyone else had enemies stand around in a T pose and warping molerats? 

It sounds like this game is going to be tragic at least for a while, makes me sad.

I guess with a 63 frame per second cap, my 60hz monitor will not be as useless as I have thought it was for so long.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

On 11/10/2018 at 11:51 AM, CatCloud said:

Interesting how people with older gpu´s are having a better experience then me.
I have a 4960k 8 gb ram and a gtx 980 and it ran like shiiiiit. Medium made it playable but it was dancing around 25 at best, not sure if there is something wrong with my PC but boy did i have a terrible time.

Aside from performance issues the game was a buggy mess. Anyone else had enemies stand around in a T pose and warping molerats? 

The game defaulted to a mix of high and ultra on my system. 

I purchased the game earlier and I have to say I'm not disappointed. I'm not sure if the overclock gave me anything really, but it runs pretty great for an online game, even when other players are around. Only had one crash and that was on exit, no biggie since the game continually saves progress while you're connected. Didn't have any problems with enemies or other stuff.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

On 11/8/2018 at 10:38 AM, TahoeDust said:

It is so ridiculous.  Even more ridiculous is the reasoning.  They tied so much of the physics in the game to the fps that they can not fix it.  How could have they made such a dumb mistake?  PC version must have been such a low consideration. 

Every recent Bethesda game recently has had the same issue. Skyrim, fallout 3, fallout NV, fallout 4, etc. It's that specific game engine. There's no way they would rewrite parts of the engine for an online game which they don't even know will be popular. 

With that said, modders have already fixed the issue for skyrim and the fallouts pretty well. 

On 11/15/2018 at 6:23 AM, atxcyclist said:

The game defaulted to a mix of high and ultra on my system. 

I purchased the game earlier and I have to say I'm not disappointed. I'm not sure if the overclock gave me anything really, but it runs pretty great for an online game, even when other players are around. Only had one crash and that was on exit, no biggie since the game continually saves progress while you're connected. Didn't have any problems with enemies or other stuff.

63 FPS? shouldnt your character be flying forward at that fps? something something more fps = more moving speed. Rather interesting how your experience is the completely opposite of what ive seen from others.
Constant Dc, save not saving and you end up with 40 min lost progress when lost connection, enemies invisible and cant die when shot at, although you can melee them, God rays going trough hills and buildings, Textures not loading, graybox lakes/ponds/rivers (i had these two during the beta)
I dont know wtf is going on but right now im sitting here with my copy of the game and ponder if i should install it or return it, might wait another week and see in witch direction the wind blows but right now it doesn't look good, for the record F4 ran sluggish but much better and seeing as this game is just the same game but on a different map, online and a handfull of minor changes...thats an odd turn.

On 11/19/2018 at 7:10 PM, CatCloud said:

63 FPS? shouldnt your character be flying forward at that fps? something something more fps = more moving speed. Rather interesting how your experience is the completely opposite of what ive seen from others.
Constant Dc, save not saving and you end up with 40 min lost progress when lost connection, enemies invisible and cant die when shot at, although you can melee them, God rays going trough hills and buildings, Textures not loading, graybox lakes/ponds/rivers (i had these two during the beta)
I dont know wtf is going on but right now im sitting here with my copy of the game and ponder if i should install it or return it, might wait another week and see in witch direction the wind blows but right now it doesn't look good, for the record F4 ran sluggish but much better and seeing as this game is just the same game but on a different map, online and a handfull of minor changes...thats an odd turn.

I've got a little over 30 hours into the game so far, and I can make a few observations beyond the first few hours I had in it when I made my previous post:

- I've still not had any serious texture, geometry, weapon, or physics problems that broke the game. There are some typical "Bethesda-isms" with a floating item or a quest marker that isn't quite in the place you need it to be, but these have been few and far-between.

- The game runs choppy occasionally. My guess is network as it's more prominent when I'm in the vicinity of other players. 

- Servers disconnect randomly sometimes, so far I've not lost any save data that I've noticed. I want this to be fixed as it breaks the heck out of gameplay, and if you're with a group it's quite a PITA to regroup.

The game is entertaining to me at least, but it's a bit dull as a single-player experience. The best part of the game is the potential for interacting with other players, and right now there's hardly more than a dozen players on any server I get connected to. Jumping from terminal to terminal does get a bit monotonous, but if Bethesda can iron-out some of the issues then maybe the game will get some popularity and more players.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R