I thought and it May still be 1809

Hi,

I thought that 1809 update was causing BSODs. Then I looked at it every time. I think that my memory was having issues. I was getting random drive errors, and BSODing from memory management. I got pissed of yesterday and changed out my Corsair 1866 16 GB kit to generic 1600 MHz 2 x 4 and 2 x 2 memory because it is what I had laying around. It seems to have worked, I hope. I have been disk checking and so far it has been clean with no errors found. Memory is lock at 1600 MHz. The Corsair was underclocked to 1333 MHz.

I hope that solved the ridiculous amount of BSODs. I will keep posted on my 7 or so year old computer. I can't upgrade now.

25 minutes ago, Eric Kazer said:

Hi,

I thought that 1809 update was causing BSODs. Then I looked at it every time. I think that my memory was having issues. I was getting random drive errors, and BSODing from memory management. I got pissed of yesterday and changed out my Corsair 1866 16 GB kit to generic 1600 MHz 2 x 4 and 2 x 2 memory because it is what I had laying around. It seems to have worked, I hope. I have been disk checking and so far it has been clean with no errors found. Memory is lock at 1600 MHz. The Corsair was underclocked to 1333 MHz.

I hope that solved the ridiculous amount of BSODs. I will keep posted on my 7 or so year old computer. I can't upgrade now.

Maybe the Corsair RAM wasn't getting enough juice? Try giving it a bit more power and see if that helps.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

Go by Specs? Calls for 1.5 Volts. Don't know what Samsung generic whatever is using/doing. I do notice jittering in 4K Youtube videos. 2K is OK. Wondering if this is caused by 12 GB instead of 16 GB.

I don't know what default is. I never changed it.  So far no BSODs w/ generic RAM.

Does Memory voltage show in HWmonitor?

7 hours ago, Eric Kazer said:

Does Memory voltage show in HWmonitor?

I'm not sure I only use OpenHardwareMonitor and, that doesn't show the voltage.

Why was the Corsair kit underclocked though? Were you having issues with it before?

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

Spoiler

I thought the title meant it might be the year 1809. . .

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

Started showing after 1809 update. Also getting worse over time. Don't know if it's the memory it's self or compatibility with 1809. I was seeing Memory Management and Drive errors when running disk check. I have not gotten any of both since installing the generic memory in the system.

1809 feature update everyone is complaining about.

On 11/6/2018 at 6:46 AM, TheClueLessMajority said:
  Hide contents

I thought the title meant it might be the year 1809. . .

I remember saying that I was getting jitter in 4K on Youtube. I had the computer in Power Saving Mode in the UEFI BIOS. That means that CPU cores were dropping to 1.8 GHz. With the computer set to Normal Mode they are resting at 4.1 to 4 GHz. That is enough to cause 4K video Jitter and other weird issues. I would think that 4K should work fine with the CPU running at a steady speed. Drops below 2 GHz will more than likely cause hitches in video playback at 4K. May explain why 2K was fine. It seems happy with Generic 1600 MHz memory. I just Changed power setting back to normal. I forgot that I had it in power saving.

Also BIOS is version 1608 which is the last BIOS that ASUS made for SABERTOOTH 990FX. The BIOS is old as hell released sometime in 2012. I think that the Hardware is getting to be too old at this point. 

Anyway,

I am still not getting BSODs or drive errors that can be caused by memory stability.

Still no BSODs. My Memory is running at 1444 MHz. Not 1600 because I have the PC in the optimal mode. CPU goes up to 4.3, the RAM speed goes down. CPUZ shows this and BIOS confirms it.

IMG_0303.JPG

IMG_0304.JPG

Also I do not have matching bands of memory. It is running with stability. I hope I don't get hit with the Activation thing. This PC does have Windows 10 Pro.

Also again, 4K resolution. Blurry camera.