Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GPU is not detected by pc

SamPorky

After a new build and taking out my gpu and hard drives from my old working pc and put it into my new parts (motherboard,ram,cpu.) I find that there is power to the card ( the fans spin) however no display, is this because windows isn’t downloading the correct (or any)  drivers? As I go onto my onboard graphics I get a display and look into device manager to only see intel graphics and no Nvidia cars drivers, if I try to download these drivers nvidia will not let me as it can’t detect any nvidia hardware. 
Please note:
- i have tested my gpu and cpu + ram on another motherboard to find the same problem.
- I have tested my gpu in another working pc to find it working.
- i have tried another 600w psu.
- I have made sure the six pin connector is connected into the gpu. 
- I have reseated the card several times.
- if I try the gpu display I do not get any display at all ( I can’t get to see the screen to go to the BIOS)
-I have been on the BIOS using onboard graphics to find the primary display is on ‘auto’ and attempted to change this to ‘PCI-E’ however when I save and exit I find the changes just revert back to auto.
- the bios detects the RAM.
- I have tried a different monitor and different port (hdmi and DisplayPort).
- my bios version is 0.0810 ( is this the latest? For my Asus b250m-a motherboard.
Specs:
Cpu: I7 7700k 4.20ghz
gpu: asus Gtx 1060 3gb
Motherboard: ASUS prime b250m-a
Ram: Corsair vengeance 2x4gb 3000mhz ( running at 2133mhz)
Psu: Corsair 450w
2x hard drive.

Thanks for reading and hope you can help, I have really run out of ideas and am really confused as to why it’s not working. Thanks in advance, Sam.

Use display driver uninstaller to uninstall all your current drivers, then reinstall the lastest one from NVIDIA’s website. 

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.