Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Podcasts, what you want and what makes a good one?

Hi everyone, 

My friends and I have a group called Lan Party Vets and we have monthly Lan parties. We have discussions on a number of different things when we have Lan parties as well as in out private facebook group. I pitched to my friends about starting a podcast about things we like to talk about, Video Games, Technology, Engineering, talking about those things in history and a lot of the stuff LTT talks about. We wouldn't talk during Lan parties but get together to talk about Video Game news, technology, etc, etc I'll also limit it to 4 people not up to 16 people sometimes we have at Lan Parties. 

So my question is, since people on this forum would be the people I want to appeal too, what things would you guys want to hear about? For instance I would definitely talk about the recent Diablo Immortal announcement. Or how most phone makers aren't making different phones in terms of design, with everyone copying the notch at the top. 

What podcasts are doing things right that you're listening too?

How often is often enough? Monthly? Bimonthly? Weekly?

If you want to listen our twitch is -link removed-

We're going to start soon and I just wanted to get some "market information" so to speak. 

Thanks everyone!

Whats it about is personal preference, so just make what u want and enjoy it.

I think its more about being consistent, make sure to release at regular intervals and dont be to long.

I see most podcasts/youtube channels fails because they dont post at a regular interval. 

Also make sure the audio is good. No one is going to listen to you and the 10 flatmates in the background arguing when you do your podcast :D 

7 minutes ago, Dujith said:

Whats it about is personal preference, so just make what u want and enjoy it.

I think its more about being consistent, make sure to release at regular intervals and dont be to long.

I see most podcasts/youtube channels fails because they dont post at a regular interval. 

Also make sure the audio is good. No one is going to listen to you and the 10 flatmates in the background arguing when you do your podcast :D 

Just to be clear (I edited the post) we would get together outside of our Lan Parties and I would limit it to four people talking about things. No worries on the sound quality and what not I'm a videographer by trade to I got that on lock down. Thanks four your response though!

Thanks for your input. I'm really glad to hear that because between myself and the rest of my crew we talk about that all day. There's a great variety of knowledge between my friends and I which is why I think we could do a podcast in the first place.