Is the Crucial BX500 a good SSD? (For the price)

Hello.

I'm in the market for a cheap and well performing 120GB SSD.

I always used Crucial and I bever had problems so I was thinking of getting a Crucial BX 300 SSD, as I just found a very good offer for it.

I'm no SSD expert, so I'd kile to ask you if you think it is a good SSD, let's say for about 30$ (american).

Thanks.

Here's the product page: http://eu.crucial.com/eur/en/storage-ssd-bx500?cm_re=eu-top-nav-_-eu-flyout-ssd-_-eu-ssd-learn-bx500

Cheers.

crucial on itself isn't bad at all, if not one of the best (it's micron, so it should be good). but the bx series isn't the best you can get for your money. look into adata. exept if you want to spend more, then I have some more expensive ssd recommendations

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

crucial on itself isn't bad at all, if not one of the best (it's micron, so it should be good). but the bx series isn't the best you can get for your money. look into adata. exept if you want to spend more, then I have some more expensive ssd recommendations

The BX series is perfectly legitimate. The BX200 was crap, but the BX100 was good, the BX300 was great, and the BX500 is good.

1 minute ago, Sakkura said:

The BX series is perfectly legitimate. The BX200 was crap, but the BX100 was good, the BX300 was great, and the BX500 is good.

it is a good ssd. agree. but adata has a longer time between failures. that's why I recommended that. nothing more

50 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

it is a good ssd. agree. but adata has a longer time between failures. that's why I recommended that. nothing more

If you mean the MTBF rating, that's pure marketing.

Just now, Sakkura said:

If you mean the MTBF rating, that's pure marketing.

okay, good to know. then that one is great! for the price at least. samsung and micron's mx500 are still the best.