Why my GPUs are hot?

Mohammed2935

Hi

I am using two titan x pascal 2016 and I want to know why are they hot after updating the motherboard bios z87x oc force.

I just used DDU and reinstall the drivers they are still hot.

I wasn't playing games only watching YouTube videos.

I solve one problem and then another appears haha 

Capture.PNG

42.0C and 45.0C are not that hot but regardless, If you are feeling lucky, put some new thermal paste on the GPU's.

That is a very fine temperature for that kind of a card. If you are worried create a custom fan curve for them using msi after burner.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

3 minutes ago, AndrewMKlasen said:

42.0C and 45.0C are not that hot but regardless, If you are feeling lucky, put some new thermal paste on the GPU's.

they used to be 32c and 35c ………. maybe because the pc is on for long time …….. I am not sure.

Also my room temp is little bit hotter than before.

check your ambient temps and your case as well. you might find your answers in there.

Ryzen 5 1600 | Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 | Team Elite TForce Delta RGB 2x8 16GB 3200mhz | Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB AORUS | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | 2 1TB WD Blue | Wester Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB | SeaSonic M12II 520W 80+ Bronze | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Led Turbo | ASUS VG248QE | Rakk Kimat XT | Logitech G502 HERO | Massdrop x AKG M220 Pro | V8 Soundcard | BM800 Condenser Mic | Logitech C310

7 minutes ago, Mohammed2935 said:

they used to be 32c and 35c ………. maybe because the pc is on for long time …….. I am not sure.

Also my room temp is little bit hotter than before.

that could be it. ambient temps can get ur pc temps higher. especially as they are turned on for longer, and your room temps are slightly higher. but you shouldn't worry about those kind of temps

What core speed are they idling at?  What is your power setting in the nVidia control panel?

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

39 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

What core speed are they idling at?  What is your power setting in the nVidia control panel?

I cant find power setting in nvidia CP.

54 minutes ago, Rusted said:

After bios update you might have different bios settings for your case fans, they might be turning on lower rpm now.

everything were and still on auto.

56 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

that could be it. ambient temps can get ur pc temps higher. especially as they are turned on for longer, and your room temps are slightly higher. but you shouldn't worry about those kind of temps

even when I not doing anything heavy my the gpu?

3 minutes ago, Mohammed2935 said:

even when I not doing anything heavy my the gpu?

not that fast, but just a little. it's a combination of multiple factors

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

not that fast, but just a little. it's a combination of multiple factors

both of the gpus woke up from sleep mode at 40c.

I wish steam os can run all steam/cracked games I would switch to it. and easy to use.

1 minute ago, Mohammed2935 said:

I wish steam os can run all steam/cracked games I would switch to it. and easy to use

all steam games? with the recent progress in linux gaming, it might be in the future

cracked games?

image.png.55a67643751c0ab00048bf2cc2875f30.png

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

all steam games? with the recent progress in linux gaming, it might be in the future

cracked games?

image.png.55a67643751c0ab00048bf2cc2875f30.png

yeah cracked vr games haha for htc vive. almost none of them have drm. 

7 minutes ago, Mohammed2935 said:

yeah cracked vr games haha for htc vive. almost none of them have drm. 

If you have a vive and 2 titan xs you can afford to buy your games. Stop being a thief.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

23 minutes ago, Nexxus said:

If you have a vive you can afford to buy your games. Stop being a thief.

I wish I could go back to 2016 to return htc vive. I didn't use it very much …… nothing worth it since 2016.

I bought two titan x pascal and htc vive at the same time in paris haha I saved one year of my student allowance for them which was almost 660 usd a month.

BSOD after another haha since I got them, I bought them from  Absolute PC

The store guy was almost afraid of me haha.

The Taxi told me to put htc vive in his car back because the box was big I remember telling to drive slowly haha so they don't get damaged haha.

while waiting to go back to Kuwait, I used to look at them all day haha checking the boxing. I felt they were opened haha and call them again again are they new, yes they are haha.

14 minutes ago, Mohammed2935 said:

I wish I could go back to 2016 to return htc vive. I didn't use it very much …… nothing worth it since 2016.

I bought two titan x pascal and htc vive at the same time in paris haha I saved one year of my student allowance for them which was almost 660 usd a month.

BSOD after another haha since I got them, I bought them from  Absolute PC

The store guy was almost afraid of me haha.

The Taxi told me to put htc vive in his car back because the box was big I remember telling to drive slowly haha so they don't get damaged haha.

...ok

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

5 minutes ago, Nexxus said:

...ok

I wish I bought newer 2016 motherboard instead of htc vive.

Well knowing the core/mem speeds would say why they are that hot. Should never idle that high unless it was hot in there. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz