Are there any good VR headsets compatible with both mobile and PC?

CyberFern0

My sister wants a VR headset for her upcoming birthday and I thought that it would be a cool idea if could use it with my PC and she could use it with whatever she had.

At the moment I believe there are no headsets that support both Mobile and PC, you will need 2 separate VR Headsets.

I wish they made one so it uses your phone as a screen so you can use a phone VR headset on PC.

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

Not in any meaningful way.

There are apps for gearvr that allow you to stream your pc game to the phone but it's not a great experience.

If she doesn't have a PC that can run VR and doesn't plan to get one i'd suggest waiting for the Oculus Quest to come out in the spring. 

It should have all the 6 dof and controller tracking ability of the desktop VR headsets but be totally stand alone.

It will be tied to the oculus store most likely for better or worse but it should give her the best representation of current VR for under $400 USD

Alternate option is Oculus Go but that's only 3 dof and no full tracked controllers so you are very limited in what you can do

yeah there are apps that let you use your non PC VR with a PC but they all are shitty and not worth it.

27 minutes ago, Dubious Gaming: bl4z3 said:

I wish they made one so it uses your phone as a screen so you can use a phone VR headset on PC.

Try riftcat. I used it for a little while.

What are these for?

• 1 month later...

At this there is no VR gear which support both PC and mobile. I hadn't tried PC VR gears so I tell you about the PC VR but i had used some mobile VR and believe me they don't worth money. They all have very shitty quality and gives us a good experience.

• 3 weeks later...

No, because it's a different kind of VR. 

Luke was furious (yum) about the difference between "good VR" with dedicated hardware and "bad VR" which is what phones can do.

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke