Steam's Recent Items sub menu in start menu disappeared

Eeglis

Hello, so my issue is in the title. There used to be a sub menu under Steam in start menu which would have couple most recent games, other steam links like Friends, Settings and such. Somehow, though that menu is not showing up, so I'm wondering what should I do. My other programs have that sub menu working the sub menus that I'm talking about look like this:

image.png.287189cef923da901b68094238159274.png

and as we can see, other programs like Chrome, Notepad, NordVPN and such work fine, but Steam just lost it's sub menu entirely.

Any ideas?

no idea what to put here

did you just notice this like today? was it working yesterday? It could be valve being valve and taking away things they think people don't use when they do, *cough**cough* in game voice testing *cough* glad they bought it back though.

Just now, shmoochie said:

did you just notice this like today? was it working yesterday? It could be valve being valve and taking away things they think people don't use when they do, *cough**cough* in game voice testing *cough* glad they bought it back though.

This has been like this for a while. Could it actually be because I installed Steam using nanite?

no idea what to put here

1 minute ago, Eeglis said:

This has been like this for a while. Could it actually be because I installed Steam using nanite?

if you right click it do they show up? i have win10 and I don't see that option by steam in my start bar. but other apps do

if you right click it do they show up? i have win10 and I don't see that option by steam in my start bar. but other apps do

I'm on Windows 10 as well, I'm just using Classic Shell. And no, it just opens a context menu.

no idea what to put here

3 minutes ago, Eeglis said:

I'm on Windows 10 as well, I'm just using Classic Shell. And no, it just opens a context menu.

well we shall wait to see if any other users have this option or not, as I don't. maybe we both did something wrong lol.

well we shall wait to see if any other users have this option or not, as I don't. maybe we both did something wrong lol.

I just double checked on my other WIn10 machine, also runnign Classic shell, and it's sub menu is working.image.png.6429ca1a8688cd48388762db3473ac97.png

no idea what to put here