Laptop glitches when i turn on my lamp

MGK2645

I recently began using my laptop as my main computer as my PC's motherboard broke and the other day i noticed that when i turned my LED lamp on my laptop would have lines go through the screen and it would make the sound of a USB being unplugged, I thought that it might be a problem with the lamp and so i plugged in another LED lamp but it continued to happen. I dont think its anything to do with the power as when my laptop is totally unplugged it still does it which is extremely confusing to me. im now using a much smaller lamp and i have moved my laptop to the other side of my desk which seems to have stopped it however im still confused as to why it would do that in the first place.

also i had no idea what category to put this in so sorry. 

LED bulb will cause electromagnetic interference.

Either your LED driver electronics or you laptop board has bad shielding, thus making your device susceptible to interference.

You can switch to a compliant LED bulb or transformer, use shorter cable, or add shielding and filters to the lamp and/or laptop.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."