r5 2600 vs r5 1600

Go to solution Solved by LukeSavenije,
8 minutes ago, lmeneses said:

What about if the cpu was $115? I found some other ones on eBay and such, and I am considering getting them for my brother's pc

Then still I would get the 1600. Just becouse its a great cpu for a great price. And am4 will be supported untill 2020, so get a solid mobo with it and you'll be fine

So, I watched benchmarks between the two, and they were pretty similar, but I am wondering if buying my friends 1600 for $80 is a better option than getting a new or possibly used 2600 for probably $40-60 more 

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

As the deal here I would do it, but if the difference wars smaller I would get a 2600. Just get that great deal and have fun with it

14 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

As the deal here I would do it, but if the difference wars smaller I would get a 2600. Just get that great deal and have fun with it

What about if the cpu was $115? I found some other ones on eBay and such, and I am considering getting them for my brother's pc

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

8 minutes ago, lmeneses said:

Then still I would get the 1600. Just becouse its a great cpu for a great price. And am4 will be supported untill 2020, so get a solid mobo with it and you'll be fine

$80 for 6c/12t, you cant go wrong, thats a steal!

With things like the newer 2600 is based on a 12nm nodes and has higher IPC as well as higher memory speed support aside, with its predecessor 1600, the difference is not huge and all that with regular market deals. 

But close to the price of some Pentiums these days, the deal of getting a 6c/12t unlocked chip is hotter than the sun. Go grab the freakin deal!

console.log("way to pro");