Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

EVO 212, is this sound normal or noisy?

Letme

Hello every one, i have replaced Intel Stock fan with Cooler master EVO 212, the temp. fall down like 20 degrees which is good.

but the PC sound is more of what it was on Intel stock and i assume that the Fan is on 100% load even if the temperature is not that high.

anyway, please listen to this test and tell me if that normal for EVO 212 or not.

https://streamable.com/wcirb

https://streamable.com/qq6dk

Thanks,

Hard to tell, but 700-800 RPM is not full speed for that fan. Cooler master specs say 2000 RPM is max for that fan. In that case, if the fan is running that slowly you shouldn't hear it at all. Could be a bad fan? 

Find a way to control the fan (either by using "speedfan" or your motherboard's software) and crank it up to 100%. It should sound like a "woosh" not like a rattling or vibrating. If it is, then A. either something is hitting the fan (a cable maybe?) or the fan is bad.

Are you sure that the sound is from the cpu fan and not something else? Stop the fan with your hand and see if the noise goes away. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

9 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Are you sure that the sound is from the cpu fan and not something else? Stop the fan with your hand and see if the noise goes away. 

this is what i did in this morning before going to work, and the sound was continue to be hear even when i stopped both case and Cpu fans. 

can it be the PSU? or an HDD?

7 hours ago, Letme said:

this is what i did in this morning before going to work, and the sound was continue to be hear even when i stopped both case and Cpu fans. 

It could be either. You could try booting the system with the hdd unplugged to see if the noise persists. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

8 hours ago, Letme said:

Or GPU. I would say its PSU or GPU more than HDD. HDD would be clear humming.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

It could be either. You could try booting the system with the hdd unplugged to see if the noise persists. 

the issue that i have 1 ssd and 3 hdd and the inside case cable are not well arranged, i will check it but later. it is not a big issue, just wierd sound after installation of CPU cooler. and good that it is not the new fan.

4 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Or GPU. I would say its PSU or GPU more than HDD. HDD would be clear humming.

not the GPU I tried, the GPU i have is an old and small AMD 5450 a real small GPU just to give you vision with very small fan, i stopped fan with my hand and the noise continued.