Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Will I be able to create partition of storeMI

user73

Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,
1 minute ago, user73 said:

Really?

I'm bit outdated so plz advice.

If i have 500gb of data on Cdrive e.g videos for adobe premier,will i be able to backup OS excluding that 500gb of that data?and when restoring OS that 500gb data remains untouched?

Normally you do file and image backups, so you can restore a old version of the os, then restore the files.

This really depends on what goes wrong, you can also just restore the windows files that have the problem.

But really if your editing video id just get a ssd, it will be much faster than the tiered solution. Id just get a single 1tb ssd here, and some hdds for old projects and backups.

Hi..
I'm planning to install storemi on clean 120gb SSD and 1tb HDD.What i able to understand from different sites is that storeMI will create one C drive of both 120gb ssd and 1tb hdd.My question is that will i be able to create another partition from of storeMI?

Stomemi will make one volume on both of the drives. 

You should be able to partition that volume that is on both drives, but I don't see a reason why you would do that.

Storemi only lets you have one volume(one ssd + hdd) if you want more than that you can use storage spaces for non bootable tiered storage.

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Stomemi will make one volume on both of the drives. 

You should be able to partition that volume that is on both drives, but I don't see a reason why you would do that.

Storemi only lets you have one volume(one ssd + hdd) if you want more than that you can use storage spaces for non bootable tiered storage.

i have always kept windows on C drive and other stuff on another partition.I make image of CDrive with different softwares like  norton ghost ,paragon backup etc.So whenever windows got corrupted or if im having any other issues then i just restore from that image.

But if Storemi goin to make one volume and if i have to backup that whole volume it is going to take lot of space just for that image of whole volume.

As you said i'll be able to partition that Volume created by storemi then i believe that another volume will also be as fast as CDrive?is it so?

and thx for replying so quick Electronics Wizardy.

i have always kept windows on C drive and other stuff on another partition.I make image of CDrive with different softwares like  norton ghost ,paragon backup etc.So whenever windows got corrupted or if im having any other issues then i just restore from that image.

But if Storemi goin to make one volume and if i have to backup that whole volume it is going to take lot of space just for that image of whole volume.

As you said i'll be able to partition that Volume created by storemi then i believe that another volume will also be as fast as CDrive?is it so?

and thx for replying so quick Electronics Wizardy.

Id just use one volume and use folders instead of partitions. You can still easily backup the os with backup software and restore backups.

But storemi does have some issues and restoring may be a pain, Id probably keep the drives separate if you want a easy restore.

7 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Id just use one volume and use folders instead of partitions.

You can still easily backup the os with backup software and restore backups.

You can still easily backup the os with backup software and restore backups.

But storemi does have some issues and restoring may be a pain, Id probably keep the drives separate if you want a easy restore.

Really?

If i have 500gb of data on Cdrive e.g videos for adobe premier,will i be able to backup OS excluding that 500gb of that data?and when restoring OS that 500gb data remains untouched?

Really?

Normally you do file and image backups, so you can restore a old version of the os, then restore the files.

This really depends on what goes wrong, you can also just restore the windows files that have the problem.

But really if your editing video id just get a ssd, it will be much faster than the tiered solution. Id just get a single 1tb ssd here, and some hdds for old projects and backups.