Originally had problems with graphics card, now can't post with or without a new one.

So 3 weeks ago I set up my PC and installed windows fine with everything plugged in, but when I tried to open Overwatch running from display-port on my graphics card there was horrible lag at the title screen and the display and pc crashed. After some troubleshooting, it looked like this happened every time the graphics card hit 70 degrees or higher. So I took the card out, reapplied thermal paste, put it back in, and the pc wouldn't post. At this point I ran overwatch off the iGPU and it worked fine so I decided to RMA the card after doing another day's worth of troubleshooting.

I just got the card back yesterday, and the problems are getting weirder. This time, I tried booting the pc without the graphics card plugged in to the motherboard and it wouldn't post. I cleared the CMOS and tried again. This time it got to the press F2 or DEL screen, but crashed after 5 seconds. I rebooted again and kept pressing F2 and the system managed to get to the bios, but crashed afterwards. I rebooted again, kept pressing F2, switched over to the advanced tab and back, and it stayed in bios without crashing. I managed to boot into windows and log into my account, then when I finally stopped inputting anything for 5 seconds the computer crashed. Rebooted again and I get the green light on my motherboard but there's no display anywhere (my graphics card is still unplugged at this point, trying to run hdmi from my motherboard). If I plug in the graphics card, a white light shows up on the motherboard and the pc won't post.

Sorry for the long post but I'm really at a loss, if someone could point me in the right direction for troubleshooting I'd really appreciate it.

Specs 
------------
- Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E gaming
- Intel Core i7-8700k (EK Supremacy EVO - Nickel Waterblock)
- Asus Nvidia RTX 2080ti (EK-Vector RTX 2080 Ti RGB - Nickel + Plexi Waterblock)
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB DDR4 3200
- SeaSonic 750W Power Supply X750 Gold

Theres been a LOT of talk about 2018ti's dying.

IMO return it if you can and get a different chip.

Or wait until Nvidia recalls the line.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Oh you got the 2080 Ti suicide thing

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

I already RMA'd the card and got a new one, but my PC doesn't display anything even without the graphics card in right now. Is that still the 2080ti's fault?

Edit: After some searching the 2080ti dying thing is actually pretty big. Might just go for a refund on the card as well.