Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i might have been scammed! but not jet! 2080 ti strix

i looked randomly at ebay and i found a 2080 ti strix new for 1180€ and the seller seems legit

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=murat7983&myworld=true&items=25&iid=-1&de=off&which=positive&interval=365

but a few things were bugging me

1. the price 1180€

2. he only acceptc banktransfers

3. at the profile it stands he is in germany but he spoke in like broken german and messaged me saying he is from ireland and he ahas airelandacount but at the usersite stands germany!

i bought it but havent paid it jet!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Piece-Keyring-Partner-Love-Couple-Love-Heart-Key-Keyring-Lover-/332866100097?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137

this is the item

he even accepts getting it in person he is around 1,5 hours away!

and he accepts returns! dont know if he meant it

CPU: Intel I9-9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI CODE RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO 3200MHZ GPU: Asus ROG 2080ti OC Storage: Samsung 970pro 2x1TB, 2Tb HDD Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling:custom loop incoming, for now 360 rog ryujin!

no way I would make the bank transfer. Either get in person and test the card or cancel

1 minute ago, Teddy07 said:

no way I would make the bank transfer. Either get in person and test the card or cancel

true it is a saving of like 300 bucks. when i have to drive to him and pay like 40-50 bucks for fule it would still be worth it

CPU: Intel I9-9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI CODE RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO 3200MHZ GPU: Asus ROG 2080ti OC Storage: Samsung 970pro 2x1TB, 2Tb HDD Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling:custom loop incoming, for now 360 rog ryujin!

"2 Piece keyring Partner love couple heart key keyring lover"?  Dafuq 2080ti Edition is that? 

Gaming HTPC:

R7 1700X - Scythe Big Shuriken 3 - Asus ROG B350-i - Asus GTX 1080 Strix - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Silverstone SX500-LG - 500gb 960 EVO - Fractal Design Node 202 - Samsung 60KS7090 - Logitech G502 - Thrustmaster T500RS - Noblechairs Icon

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - H100i GTX - Asus Prime X570 Pro - EVGA RTX2060KO - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - EVGA 750G2 - 250gb 970 Evo - 6TB WD My Book Duo (Reds) - Inwin 103 White - Dell U3415W - Qpad MK-85 Brown - Logitech MX518 Legendary - Blue Yeti Platinum - Noblechairs Icon 

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Bank transfers whilst selling on eBay? Warning lights are flashing.

Having said that, it's curious that he's close and you could take a system to test the card before purchase. Does he know you're so close? And if you tell him that you're willing to collect in person, will he get cold feet I wonder

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

2 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

"2 Piece keyring Partner love couple heart key keyring lover"?  Dafuq 2080ti Edition is that? 

wow i just noticed what is this? how can he get that link?

1 minute ago, Ross Siggers said:

Having said that, it's curious that he's close and you could take a system to test the card before purchase. Does he know you're so close? And if you tell him, will he get cold feet I wonder

havent told him jet but have asked him if he could make apicture of the packet with his identity card on it! lets see if he gets cold feet like this

@Bayonett PriestThe only way I could see his use of bank transfer being acceptable is he may be trying to avoid eBay fees, on an item that expensive they'd be sizeable.

Any mention of using paypal outside of ebay, or any other payment method, will more than likely get his account temporarily banned. Someone came to collect car parts from me once and said he'd pay on collection, eBay read the private messages and gave me a three day holiday for agreeing to that...

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

3 minutes ago, Ross Siggers said:

Having said that, it's curious that he's close and you could take a system to test the card before purchase. Does he know you're so close? And if you tell him, will he get cold feet I wonder

and he said he wants me to cancel the item and then he will put it back in! does he want me to give  the personla link that you get when you put something up for sale to not pay the 10% provision?

3 minutes ago, Ross Siggers said:

@Bayonett PriestThe only way I could see his use of bank transfer being acceptable is he may be trying to avoid eBay fees, on an item that expensive they'd be sizeable.

Any mention of using paypal outside of ebay, or any other payment method, will more than likely get his account temporarily banned. Someone came to collect car parts from me once and said he'd pay on collection, eBay read the private messages and gave me a three day holiday for agreeing to that...

can i cancel ebay buys from scared of a scam?

Uh I believe you can if you've not payed, it'll be an option when you go onto 'My eBay' and go to the 'Purchases' tab I think.

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

1 minute ago, Ross Siggers said:

Uh I believe you can if you've not payed, it'll be an option when you go onto 'My eBay' and go to the 'Purchases' tab I think.

yea there is the option but can the seller refuse the cancelation?

@Bayonett Priest I don't actually know...it encourages them to message you to discuss it but I'm not sure if they can actually refuse. Someone else might have to help there

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

31 minutes ago, Bayonett Priest said:

true it is a saving of like 300 bucks. when i have to drive to him and pay like 40-50 bucks for fule it would still be worth it

Go in person. Try it on his computer to make sure it works fine. Monitor it's clock speed/usage and performance, heat.

Then if all good pay and enjoy.

This is what I would do because too eazy to get scammed nowadays.

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

21 minutes ago, Bayonett Priest said:

yea there is the option but can the seller refuse the cancelation?

No, you can cancel it. There is no obligation to pay. If you don't, you just get a -1 point in your feedbacks stuff like that, but at the end, what does that change if you are only a buyer ?

Will a store decline you a sell because your profile says you did cancel orders in the past ? Never. They will always accept and take a chance, hope that you pay, who the hell would refuse a customer.

Nothing to worry here, if you don't want to buy it anymore you simply cancel the item and send e-mail to the guy and tell him you decided to cancel order he can't refuse or oblige you to pay.

I've done that multiple times I just send e-mails to the ebay account I bought from and tell them to cancel order that I made mistake or decided to not buy. They are always been happy to help cancelling it, they actually are happy you tell them because it helps them react fast to relist and not waste time.

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

1 minute ago, gbergeron said:

No, you can cancel it. There is no obligation to pay. If you don't, you just get a -1 point in your feedbacks stuff like that, but at the end, what does that change if you are only a buyer ?

Will a store decline you a sell because your profile says you did cancel orders in the past ? Never. They will always accept and take a chance, hope that you pay, who the hell would refuse a customer. 

Nothing to worry here, if you don't want to buy it anymore you simply cancel the item and send e-mail to the guy and tell him you decided to cancel order he can't refuse or oblige you to pay. 

thanks you very much for the info! i got a message from him saying he is irish and has a irish acount! he said i should cancel it and then he put the item in his acount to sell it! the german acount did not aperantly not belong to him

18 minutes ago, Bayonett Priest said:

thanks you very much for the info! i got a message from him saying he is irish and has a irish acount! he said i should cancel it and then he put the item in his acount to sell it! the german acount did not aperantly not belong to him

Your welcome buddy, have a good one. Also careful when buying anything in life in general humans being are not trust worthy in general sadly xD

Just now, gbergeron said:

Your welcome buddy, have a good one. Also careful when buying anything in life in general humans being are not trust worthy in general sadly xD

i know i experienced it with my naivety myselfe! thats why i asked aound for advice! he is relatively close i asked if i could come and test ti then it would be legit lets see if he replies!