Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PC Stutters in all games and I've done everything to fix it possible

Polarisandneptune276

My luck has been horrendous with PC gaming. All I have wanted to do is play for its been over 5 months of stressful daily troubleshooting now.

I began having stutter/hitch issues in most of my games a few months ago. I did an insane amount of troubleshooting before throwing in the towel and buying all new hardware. The stuttering is worse in Open world games, but absolutely is a problem that doesn't happen to others in similar games. PUBG is a stuttering mess, constantly stuttering and freezing, Games like Gears 4 Freeze when there is blood or particles.

The only thing I have left my my old build is the Motherboard, which I can only logically assume is killing one of my components. I tested a different Mobo on my old set of hardware and the issue was still there. I assumed it wasn't that, but I have a feeling that it is just killing some piece of crucial hardware whenever I put one in there. None of the Hardware shows any sign of problem, that I can basically tell, such as High temps, voltage issues etc. The issue is widespread and affects all games. I didnt have this problem at first.

I have done 100+ hours

So far I have.

1. Changed all of my PC components (to an i7) Psu, RAM, SSD, Cables, 4 different Gpu's including two 1070's. Tried a different MOBO, but it didnt change so placed new components into my old mobo.

2. Tried every different combination of windows settings, optimisation I can think of.

3. Tried multiple different fresh windows versions on different drives.

4 Installed only basic software.

5. Changed Bios settings and profiles, tuned of iGPU

6. Looked at temps, voltages and profiles.

7. Tried about 10 different Nvidia drivers

8. Lowered graphical options and other settings like Sync

9. Ran many tests like userbenchmark, furmark, prime95, passmark uni engine (which stutters too)

My frame time graphs are always all over the place, even with a locked fps, that doesn't drop, the frametime will shoot up to 200-500 all of the time.

The only logical explanation is that the motherboard killed some sort of crucial pathway or component innards and that it did the same thing to my new components, since they are all different.

Help?

Specs.

i7 4790

Gtx 1070 Rog Strix

16gb DDR3 Ram

Samsung Evo 860

Evga Gold g2 650w

First of all, what are your full specs and in which scenarios does it stutter? 

Gaming HTPC:

R7 1700X - Scythe Big Shuriken 3 - Asus ROG B350-i - Asus GTX 1080 Strix - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Silverstone SX500-LG - 500gb 960 EVO - Fractal Design Node 202 - Samsung 60KS7090 - Logitech G502 - Thrustmaster T500RS - Noblechairs Icon

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - H100i GTX - Asus Prime X570 Pro - EVGA RTX2060KO - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - EVGA 750G2 - 250gb 970 Evo - 6TB WD My Book Duo (Reds) - Inwin 103 White - Dell U3415W - Qpad MK-85 Brown - Logitech MX518 Legendary - Blue Yeti Platinum - Noblechairs Icon 

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

44 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

I did state my specs, they should be in the description.

44 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

21 minutes ago, Polarisandneptune276 said:

1080p display I assume? 

Can you check your cpu, gpu and ram during gameplay? I'm talking load, clock speeds and temperatures. 

Have you tried experimenting around with vsync on/off? 

Gaming HTPC:

R7 1700X - Scythe Big Shuriken 3 - Asus ROG B350-i - Asus GTX 1080 Strix - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Silverstone SX500-LG - 500gb 960 EVO - Fractal Design Node 202 - Samsung 60KS7090 - Logitech G502 - Thrustmaster T500RS - Noblechairs Icon

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - H100i GTX - Asus Prime X570 Pro - EVGA RTX2060KO - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - EVGA 750G2 - 250gb 970 Evo - 6TB WD My Book Duo (Reds) - Inwin 103 White - Dell U3415W - Qpad MK-85 Brown - Logitech MX518 Legendary - Blue Yeti Platinum - Noblechairs Icon 

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Just now, FloRolf said:

1080p display I assume? 

Can you check your cpu, gpu and ram during gameplay? I'm talking load, clock speeds and temperatures. 

Have you tried experimenting around with vsync on/off? 

Yes,

I have done extensive testing in games and benchmarks, logging monitoring to file and trying to correlate also. Have checked all temps and voltages.

If I monitor in game my Cpu might sit at 50% and my Gpu at 90-99% and there is still an issue. Capping frame rate yields the same result, up and down frametimes with a completely steady frame rate. 

V-sync on and Off makes no difference, but I shouldn't have to do that regardless.