Very weird issue. Display turning off for split second when I stand up.

akb8812

So this is probably the weirdest PC issue I have ever had. I have the Asus ROG PG279Q 165Hz and since last week it's been acting funny. Whenever I stand up from my chair it turns off for a spilt second, maybe 0,2 of second before turning on again and all is good. This is not happening when I'm working or gaming JUST when physically stand up from my chair.
A quick google search suggested a faulty cable, I haven't tried another one yet but wouldn't the problem be happening during regular workloads. Also ESD, someone suggested that the monitor wasn't plugged into a grounded outlet, which it is, but again. It would be happening constantly if it was the outlet or some form of ESD. I'm not touching the desk or the monitor when I'm standing up.

In fact I just tried to shake my desk and the monitor to see if there were any loose connection and nothing. It is only happening when I pull away from the desk and stand up.

Plugged in HDMI just to try for few minutes before heading out to get a new DP cable just in case.

Dave from EEVblog had exactly this issue and it turns out it was static electricity causing it.

EDIT: Not the same display, but literally the same issue:

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

ive seen this also but with usb hubs...wife gets up from recliner(8ft away on cement floor) and 2 usb hubs disconnect then reconnect..weirdest thing ive seen

36 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Dave from EEVblog had exactly this issue and it turns out it was static electricity causing it.

EDIT: Not the same display, but literally the same issue:

Wow...very weird. I did plug in an HDMI cable instead of the Displayport and I've not managed to replicate the issue yet with that....other the limitations of HDMI.

Didn't manage to find DP cable in a store, will have to try again tomorrow. But what a weird issue.