RX580 loses signal then gets stuck at weird frequencies

Howitz

I have this problem for a while but now its done something more. Usually it would just get stuck to a black screen with a soundloop but this time it actually recovered while playing warthunder.

My screen went black as usual, saw (HDMI 1) in my monitor, but then my game image came back and it became responsive again, which would usually not happen. The game textures were now sub-par and i was stuck at 37 fps and the card core clock was stuck at low 1300 mhz ish instead of the usual frequency which is usually 1366mhz all the time.

Here's the graph in radeon software resulting from tabbing in and out of warthunder after the recovery. you can see it's stuck and not working properly.

just restarting the game fixed the issue, card is now running fine. (Driver crash maybe)

image.png.c346a8fc6a65f839489f3f7bdf85a5b1.png

Found out the driver is crashing and recovering (some times it goes on a crash/recover loop)

image.png.66adf44731ba25239c0a07d9a34bd313.png

Seems like the driver is crashing and recovers into a "safe" mode. That is usually indicated by the lower clock speed. Have you tried removing the driver and reinstalling it?

If you find any grammar or spelling errors please fill out entry permit A38, thanks.

Greetings from germany

Profilepicture by Chibiterasu-chan

4 hours ago, crosstiger said:

Seems like the driver is crashing and recovers into a "safe" mode. That is usually indicated by the lower clock speed. Have you tried removing the driver and reinstalling it?

ya