Question about A320 chipset and Ryzen 2200G

Go to solution Solved by LukeSavenije,
1 minute ago, RocktPrinter said:

I am building a system for my dad using a Ryzen 2200G and ASRock A320M-DGS. My case hasn't arrived yet and the cheap motherboard doesn't have a power button so I can't test if its going to boot without a bios update. On the box it says it supports Ryzen 2000 series. On the Wikipedia page of the Ryzen 2000 series there is nothing about 2200G but I found some sources that mention 2200G working on any motherboard labelled as supporting 2000 series. What are the odds I got the bios update that enables 2200G to boot?

pretty good. most 300 series are updated if it's new stock, so it should probebly work.

you can shorten some pins to try it without case.

I am building a system for my dad using a Ryzen 2200G and ASRock A320M-DGS. My case hasn't arrived yet and the cheap motherboard doesn't have a power button so I can't test if its going to boot without a bios update. On the box it says it supports Ryzen 2000 series. On the Wikipedia page of the Ryzen 2000 series there is nothing about 2200G but I found some sources that mention 2200G working on any motherboard labelled as supporting 2000 series. What are the odds I got the bios update that enables 2200G to boot?

1 minute ago, RocktPrinter said:

pretty good. most 300 series are updated if it's new stock, so it should probebly work.

you can shorten some pins to try it without case.