Do i need anti virus ? It causes sudden drops to fps like running on 60 then sudden drop to 1 or the graph goes to min and then its back to same

robby999

Anyway to disable it while gaming i tried gaming profile doesnt works much i have a bit defender

No dont use an anti virus, use your brain. Dont download from places that claim to give you "Free" paid apps, just use your brain

Main And Only Build : CPU : Ryzen 5 1600x (OC to 4.2GHz), Cooler : Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 TT Premium Edition, Motherboard : Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, RAM : Trident Z RGB 16GB (2*8) 3000Mhz DDR4, GPU : Gigabyte Gaming GTX 1070 TI, PSU : EVGA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified, Storage : 250GB Samsung 860 Evo + 256GB SU800 + 2TB Seagate HDD.

You can open bit defender, go to Protection > Settings under AntiVirus > toggle the Bitdefender Shield and select a length of time you want to disable it.  You can always re-enable it after you are done gaming.. if you remember... but I personally use Bit Defender and have zero issues with it causing FPS drops in game, so sounds like something else at work. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Yes you need anti-virus. However, it does not necessarily need to be running all of its functions while you are gaming. Say, for example, there is a rootkit scan (or any form of scan running). Go ahead and cancel that. That will use at least 20% of your CPU time and will kill your gaming experience. Also, if you have hardened mode on (or something like hardened security mode) go ahead and turn that off during gaming. 

One thing to realize with gaming mode is that it only turns off notifications and uses less CPU time, not necessarily giving up a lot of CPU time to games, but maybe 2-5% tops it lets go (so the AV would still have 15% or so). 

This all being said, try setting the priority in task manager, for your game, to above normal. That actually helps smooth out a lot more things than you would think.

1 minute ago, Maxisthemoose said:

No dont use an anti virus, use your brain. Dont download from places that claim to give you "Free" paid apps, just use your brain

This is bad advice.... 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 minutes ago, Maxisthemoose said:

Doesn't work that way. You can be the most secure person ever and still get a virus. Malware has gotten to the point where it can hide in ads or certain HTML elements and self install using a script. 

3 minutes ago, Maxisthemoose said:

I dont pay for games  i get them from torrent 

So 

1 minute ago, robby999 said:

So 

A: dont illegally pirate games.. we will roast you for it.. let the roasting begin

B: this is probably where your problem is coming from in the first place, not Bit Defender. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

1 minute ago, robby999 said:

So 

Yeah.... that's your problem. Uninstall those games that are torrented, download and run Malwarebytes, then run a AV scan on your system. 

6 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

You can open bit defender, go to Protection > Settings under AntiVirus > toggle the Bitdefender Shield and select a length of time you want to disable it.  You can always re-enable it after you are done gaming.. if you remember... but I personally use Bit Defender and have zero issues with it causing FPS drops in game, so sounds like something else at work. 

Cant find anything under protection named as shield

5 minutes ago, robby999 said:

So 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is probably why, there is higher chance to have malware in the game installer or the crack installer. If you are not willing to buy a game, you will spend money on anti virus? I have malwaresbtyes premium and I don't see any performance differences.

5 minutes ago, Namija said:

Yeah.... that's your problem. Uninstall those games that are torrented, download and run Malwarebytes, then run a AV scan on your system. 

It will find positive for any game crack, for him to continue he need to whitelist it which kinda defeat the point of it.

Magical Pineapples

12 minutes ago, Maxisthemoose said:

Bad advise, you still can get inflected from without downloading anything.

Magical Pineapples