Can i increase my laptop's performance ?

JonT.

My laptop is Acer Aspire v-5 p571 model. It has i3 3227U CPU, Intel 4000 Graphics and 8GB RAM. I'm having a lag issue while im playing PES 2016. Can i get more performance ? Also when i start the game it says not enough VRAM. What is VRAM and can i upgrade it too ? 

You can check if your power plan is set to high performance in power options, and see if there are any performance related things in the Intel graphics menu.

You can't upgrade vram, as it doesn't exist, it is just normal ram assigned to the GPU. But you can maybe increase the amount of VRAM assigned to your GPU.

To do that, go into bios(look it up on google on how to, mostly it's just spamming the dell key on startup), find an option that says something about "GPU Ram", "VRam" "Video Memory" or something like that, and see if it can be increased.

If it can be increased, then increase it to an acceptable value, considering you have 8GB ram, I'd say around 3GB or something if you intend to play games.

But, an external GPU might also be an option if you got the money, and if your laptop has a thunderbolt 3 port.

3 minutes ago, timl132 said:

You can check if your power plan is set to high performance in power options, and see if there are any performance related things in the Intel graphics menu.

You can't upgrade vram, as it doesn't exist, it is just normal ram assigned to the GPU. But you can maybe increase the amount of VRAM assigned to your GPU.

To do that, go into bios(look it up on google on how to, mostly it's just spamming the dell key on startup), find an option that says something about "GPU Ram", "VRam" "Video Memory" or something like that, and see if it can be increased.

If it can be increased, then increase it to an acceptable value, considering you have 8GB ram, I'd say around 3GB or something if you intend to play games.

But, an external GPU might also be an option if you got the money, and if your laptop has a thunderbolt 3 port.

I will build a ryzen 3 2200g budget gaming pc 2 months later, for 2 months i want to play at least this game quite peacefully so i do not want to spend anything on my laptop. My bios wants a password and i don't know how to get it.

Just now, JonT. said:

I will build a ryzen 3 2200g budget gaming pc 2 months later, for 2 months i want to play at least this game quite peacefully so i do not want to spend anything on my laptop. My bios wants a password and i don't know how to get it.

You own the laptop? If so, it might be in the manual or something.(or just an empty password) If it's a school laptop, then you are probably out of luck.(Unless you can convince a IT person from the school to do it for you)

Just now, timl132 said:

You own the laptop? If so, it might be in the manual or something.(or just an empty password) If it's a school laptop, then you are probably out of luck.(Unless you can convince a IT person from the school to do it for you)

its my laptop but i bought it back in 2013 and i can't find any instruction book or card etc. about acer also.

4 minutes ago, JonT. said:

its my laptop but i bought it back in 2013 and i can't find any instruction book or card etc. about acer also.

does it give an unlock key hint number or something? If so, enter it here and try the password it generates:

https://bios-pw.org/

2 minutes ago, timl132 said:

does it give an unlock key hint number or something? If so, enter it here and try the password it generates:

https://bios-pw.org/

i will call my brother to learn if he knows the password, he bought it for me in 2013. Thanks for info, i will try resetting my bios pw first then i will check if i can increase my VRAM amount.

Just now, JonT. said:

i will call my brother to learn if he knows the password, he bought it for me in 2013. Thanks for info, i will try resetting my bios pw first then i will check if i can increase my VRAM amount.

Okay! Resetting the BIOS might actually be a better idea. Go for whichever you like. But I recommend the password generating thing first, it can't damage anything anyways. ;)

3 hours ago, Dorinfilip said:

maby u can add an external gpu if u have the buget

The CPU will heavily bottleneck imo.

6 hours ago, zhubaohi said:

The CPU will heavily bottleneck imo.

yea its 1.9GHz