What will performance be with a FX-6300 (@4.2ghz) and GTX 1070?

Go to solution Solved by Wh0_Am_1,
8 minutes ago, pigsforever said:

Hi, I know that the FX-6300 will severely bottleneck the GTX 1070, but I was wondering what performance would be like if I got the 1070.  If it helps, I mainly play Fortnite.  I also plan to upgrade my CPU to a Ryzen 5 2600 sometime soon.  Thank you!

System: 

FX-6300 (@4.2ghz)

12GB (one stick is dead) of DDR3 Ram

GA-78LMT motherboard

1 TB hard drive

TXM 550w PSU

~60-70 FPS max settings at FHD.

Hi, I know that the FX-6300 will severely bottleneck the GTX 1070, but I was wondering what performance would be like if I got the 1070.  If it helps, I mainly play Fortnite.  I also plan to upgrade my CPU to a Ryzen 5 2600 sometime soon.  Thank you!

System: 

FX-6300 (@4.2ghz)

GA-78LMT motherboard

1 TB hard drive

TXM 550w PSU

I can't give you a number in FPS, but i'd keep the amount of objects on screen at one time to a minimum. (I'm pretty sure that's CPU bound?)

8 minutes ago, pigsforever said:

System: 

FX-6300 (@4.2ghz)

GA-78LMT motherboard

1 TB hard drive

TXM 550w PSU

~60-70 FPS max settings at FHD.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

50-60ish in most games, should be able to be mostly locket at 60 with v-sync for fortnite. 

it'll get pretty sluggish when there's a lot happening on screen or with large multiplayer maps. The 1070 will be held back and you'll see some frame dips when the cpu is needed 

Low latency system memory helps a little with the fx series, your mobo chipset isn't really meant to support the cpu either, but it'll be fine until you upgrade. 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige