Anyone have a link to the most recent Windows Movie Maker?

I can't find an official link from Microsoft, I wouldn't be surprised if it's been depreciated. I don't trust random websites that claim to archive software, but if someone here knows of a safe link I'd trust that. :) 

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

why not use something else?

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Just now, GDRRiley said:

why not use something else?

I have Adobe Premiere, both the current CC and Elements 11, but I am still learning them and there are some quick and dirty edits I can do with Movie Maker. It's free and works, and I don't want to relearn everything in a new program right now. 

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

1 minute ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

I have Adobe Premiere, both the current CC and Elements 11, but I am still learning them and there are some quick and dirty edits I can do with Movie Maker. It's free and works, and I don't want to relearn everything in a new program right now. 

at least for me going from a little bit in Movie maker, Final Cut and PP;  davinci reslove was fast to pick up and became my go to.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

1 minute ago, GDRRiley said:

at least for me going from a little bit in Movie maker, Final Cut and PP;  davinci reslove was fast to pick up and became my go to.

Personally I still use MS Paint over Photoshop sometimes because super simple things like cropping are just faster that way. Similarly, even after learning Premiere I imagine I'll still want to use Movie Maker for certain simple tasks. If I often need just a butter knife then why use the kitchen drawer where many knifes and other tools are there, and I have to open the drawer and search for a moment to find it, when I could just keep a few butter knifes separate in a cup above the drawer on the counter? My analogy is a bit verbose but the same logic holds here, why fight through project settings and a million menus and tools when Movie Maker can do what I need in seconds? 

try Magix (sony) vegas, its the least difficult to learn out of the whole "pro" video editor.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Just now, SupaKomputa said:

try Magix (sony) vegas, its the least difficult to learn out of the whole "pro" video editor.

Thank you, but again I'm not looking for alternatives. I want what I already know.

Doesn't the Photos app in Windows 10 have something similar to Windows Movie Maker?

Just now, t4ils said:

Doesn't the Photos app in Windows 10 have something similar to Windows Movie Maker?

Maybe, probably sends thumbnails of your video back to Microsoft if it does. Most Windows 10 apps are really just ways for Microsoft to collect more data on it's users... but I'll check it out. Cynicism aside, I just don't do anything on a phone or computer I want kept secret. Makes leaks and big brother companies less scary if I just don't care about what they can see. 

You need to download it through windows live essentials.

Pretty sure all the "windows movie maker" downloads are just scams or BS.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Xanthe_2871 said:

Maybe, probably sends thumbnails of your video back to Microsoft if it does. Most Windows 10 apps are really just ways for Microsoft to collect more data on it's users... but I'll check it out. Cynicism aside, I just don't do anything on a phone or computer I want kept secret. Makes leaks and big brother companies less scary if I just don't care about what they can see. 

Gotcha. The best I can find is from the latest version of Windows Essentials 2012, which was archived here: http://web.archive.org/web/20170112124505/http:/wl.dlservice.microsoft.com/download/C/1/B/C1BA42D6-6A50-4A4A-90E5-FA9347E9360C/en/wlsetup-all.exe (Wayback Machine is trustworthy from my experience). That archive is probably the closest you're gonna get from Microsoft themselves.

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

You need to download it through windows live essentials.

Pretty sure all the "windows movie maker" downloads are just scams or BS.

Thank you, found it!

Just now, t4ils said:

Gotcha. The best I can find is from the latest version of Windows Essentials 2012, which was archived here: http://web.archive.org/web/20170112124505/http:/wl.dlservice.microsoft.com/download/C/1/B/C1BA42D6-6A50-4A4A-90E5-FA9347E9360C/en/wlsetup-all.exe (Wayback Machine is trustworthy from my experience). That archive is probably the closest you're gonna get from Microsoft themselves.

Thank you so much. When @Enderman said it's in Windows Live Essentials I found the same link. I also trust this source. Thank you :)