Blizzard Announce Warcraft 3 expansion and full redesign

Maticks

Anyone who was a big fan of Warcraft3, Blizzard have announced a full redesign.

Support for 4K with high res models. 62 new missions, 40+ hours of game play.

Smarter AI, multiplayer, being released in 2019.

https://playwarcraft3.com/en-us/

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

...ok...? Why is this not Warcraft 4, and why are they releasing a story expansion after 15 years of WoW?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

-= Moved to PC Gaming =- 

Topic does not meet guidelines for a news post.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

...ok...? Why is this not Warcraft 4, and why are they releasing a story expansion after 15 years of WoW?

Because they don't want to release Warcraft 4 until Half-Life 3 obviously. In Warcraft 4 the events of Warcraft 3 and Half-Life 3 converge into one narrative.  They don't want to spoil Half-Life 3. 

21 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Blizzard have always done this, World of Warcraft is a good example each expansion changes the whole game you would normally release each of these as a new game when you change the game engine, UI and modeling.

The World of Warcraft engine was built of off Warcraft 3, so it was probably relatively easy to apply the upgrades of World of Warcraft over the last 15 years and design new character models as well. Without having to rewrite the code from scratch.

It's a major overhaul to Warcraft 3 bringing it into todays graphics era.

World of Warcraft is undergoing major changes in 8.1 yet to be released that include Multicore Enhancement.

Finally World of Warcraft will take full use of 8 cores, instead of pinning one core to 100% and using 3 others at 15-20%.

Lets hope this comes to Warcraft 3: Reforge also.

I remember playing C&C and Warcraft 1/2/3 on my first computer, the graphics are really bad but i do play it every now and then on my surface pro 4.

I am so excited so having an on the go game to play, it's the only thing i use the surface pen for haha. it's a lot of fun to play with a pen.

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

Its blizzard, they will still sell millions of copies.

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

There's no expansion?

Also 62 "new" missions?

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

but they can't freaking do this with Diablo no they have to relesae a crappy chinese mobile Diablo triggered

Give me Dota 2 graphic. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

There aren't 62 new missions. The original game had 62 missions already.

This is just Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne. Nothing more.

After the shitshow that was StarCraft Remastered (I'm a high level Starcraft player), I'm not convinced to buy this. Starcraft Remastered was actually a regression in multiplayer lag/stability. The game got worse, not better, and led me to more or less quit altogether because multiplayer lag is still ridiculous to this day.

If this gets the same treatment, then it is more worthwhile to just play classic WC3. That game actually works. I'd rather have a game that works than one that just looks pretty.

Brood War 1.16 also worked fairly well since we could connect to community servers, but Blizzard killed that with Starcraft Remastered.

Current Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D

GPU: RTX 3080 Ti FE

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Tuf X570 Plus Wifi

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53

PSU: EVGA G6 Supernova 850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite

Current Laptop:

Model: Asus ROG Zephyrus G14

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HS

GPU: RTX 3060

RAM: 16GB @3200 MHz

Old PC:

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @4.9 GHz/1.315v

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A

I love this. More people will make custom maps now.

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB