Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for some laptop advice

Hello everybody from this awesome community,

I am actually looking for a laptop in the range between 400-650€/$, aiming for office work since it's going to be used for online marketing purposes only. Getting a desktop is out of the box since I will need some mobility eventually.

One of my main concerns is about speed of use, not processor, but loading times for webs and some apps, so I am after a SSD laptop, thinking about the lenovo 330s, (8gb ram version with 256 ssd, but got some questions since it seems to be a few options.

Those are the following ones:

1) I dont want a computer that it's gona be slow on usage in 1.5 years

2) Is a 8th Gen i5 enough to survive?

3) What about screen resolution? I see a downside on this Lenovo having 1366x768 res, even when I am going to use a 27inch display as my main monitor (will it accept 1920x1024 when plugged to the monitor?) .

4) Is there any other option with a better graphic card? Amd with integrated graphics is an option here? 

I will appreciate some advice since this is the first laptop I am going to buy in 10 years and I am totally lost about this.

Thanks in advance

Where are you from? Any preference on weight, display size and battery life?

12 hours ago, indigooo said:

1) I dont want a computer that it's gona be slow on usage in 1.5 years

2) Is a 8th Gen i5 enough to survive?

3) What about screen resolution? I see a downside on this Lenovo having 1366x768 res, even when I am going to use a 27inch display as my main monitor (will it accept 1920x1024 when plugged to the monitor?) .

4) Is there any other option with a better graphic card? Amd with integrated graphics is an option here? 

1. KBL-R i5+SSD should be good, but this depends on your usage

2. In short, yes

3. Resolution is one thing as well as display quality. Usually 768p panels are TN. Aim for 1080p IPS

3. Answer my questions above first

My Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Nvidia RTX3060Ti 8GB PNY XLR8 Gaming Epic-X RGB 16GB (8X2) 3200MHz CL16 Team Group MP33 Pro 1TB
ID-Cooling SE-224-XT White Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX Tecware Forge M2 mATX White Case Montech Century 650W Gold

• 3 weeks later...

I need to apoligize fist for the late response.

After some thinking, we finally went for an small atx computer, ryzen 2200g, and doing the mobility part with the tablet.

Thanks for your time answering my questions.