Tesla P100 on x299 motherboard returns d4

Ritroboticscro

I have a Tesla P100 mated with a x299 pro carbon motherboard.

The PC boots and works  when the p100 isn't installed, but returns d4(PCI allocation error. Out of resources) error code when installed. 

What can be done?

Do you have another GPU to test the PCIe slot?

EDIT: Also did you test the other PCIe slots?

Thanks for the quick response,

The slots are fully functional and have been tested in all combinations. And the error is persistent only when the Tesla p100 is installed in.

I am now looking into getting a server motherboard, but I would like to keep my ddr4 and i9 processor...

Should probably contact the motherboard manufacturer and ask them about it. Could be some incompatibility with the BIOS. I would look at the BIOS updates and see if there is anything there that might fix it in an update.

You could get another X299 from a different vendor and see if that works. If it does then you can try RMAing the one where it doesn't work. They might not allow it though but if you can prove it works in a competitors board then that would help as it would clearly be a fault/bug.

Gaming Rig:CPU: Xeon E3-1230 v2¦RAM: 16GB DDR3 Balistix 1600Mhz¦MB: MSI Z77A-G43¦HDD: 480GB SSD, 3.5TB HDDs¦GPU: AMD Radeon VII¦PSU: FSP 700W¦Case: Carbide 300R