Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Which Graphics Card for 2x 1440p 60hz monitors?

Go to solution Solved by DOGEY,

Are you going to play one game on the two monitors? If yes, then get 1080. If you are going to play on one monitor and leave the second one for something different then i think 1070 will be fine, (Medium to high settings depends on the game) just don't watch 4K video on the second monitor. It will lower the FPS on the game  

I'm building a gaming PC that will be connected 2x 1440p AOC 25" Monitors at 60hz, I'm wanting to play on medium-max graphics.

I've toyed with a 1060 but not sure that could handle it. Would a 1070 be viable or would I have to bump up to a 1080?

Are you going to play games across both screens? Because 2 screens is very awkward to play on, as you'll have a bezel right in the middle.

Do you want to play games at 5120x1440? Or are you just playing on one monitor?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Are you going to play one game on the two monitors? If yes, then get 1080. If you are going to play on one monitor and leave the second one for something different then i think 1070 will be fine, (Medium to high settings depends on the game) just don't watch 4K video on the second monitor. It will lower the FPS on the game  

On 11/2/2018 at 11:30 AM, Sakkura said:

Are you going to play games across both screens? Because 2 screens is very awkward to play on, as you'll have a bezel right in the middle.

No just the one screen, the other screen is for Discord/Internet Browsing/etc whole playing games on the other

Driving a second monitor doesn't use much GPU power at all, just get a card that is good for a single 1440p monitor for the games you are playing.

1 minute ago, DoctorMysterio said:

No just the one screen, the other screen is for Discord/Internet Browsing/etc whole playing games on the other

Then the second screen adds basically no GPU load, it's just like playing on a single 1440p monitor. Since it's only 60Hz, a plain 1070 will do pretty well. A 1060 6GB can do okay-ish, but you'd generally be running high or medium settings rather than ultra.