App to save music directly to phone.

Phrench
Go to solution Solved by desertcomputer,
1 hour ago, Brreadloaf said:

Thanks for all the replies, I thought this would count as piracy, especially considering it is mainstream music as well.

is there any way stuff could be saved for offline playback though?

Google Music, Itune, Spotify or you rip CD yourself which all cost money. Nothing is really free unless you want to use Chinese/Indian music app but it missing alot of music and some are geo-blocked also are are hard codded in their native language.

Gidday everyone,

So I have a mate with an iPhone 6 and he has a really useful app called Audify (I think), which lets you search for any video or song from YouTube and SoundCloud and save them to the app so you can watch or listen to them offline, I was wondering if there was an Android equivalent of the app or if it wasn't possible on android.

I appreciate any replies and if there are any suggestions that would be great, any app you suggest does not have to be from the play stire, it can be from a website or something.

Also please don't start any iOS vs Android things please because this is not what this is about, I didn't know what category to put this in so idk if it's in the wrong one or something.

I know this might count as piracy but I thought i'd still try.

Thanks.

EDIT: I just realised this is also in the computer hardware section so sorry about that.

I don't think we can discuss privacy piracy here ... im half drunk.

Magical Pineapples

1 minute ago, EMC said:

I don't think we can discuss privacy here ...

Privacy?

2 minutes ago, Brreadloaf said:

Privacy?

Piracy.  TBH I'm not sure if this really goes that far but we've never actively encouraged downloading from sites like YouTube, etc. before.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Piracy.  TBH I'm not sure if this really goes that far but we've never actively encouraged downloading from sites like YouTube, etc. before.

That make sense, does it comply with the terms and stuff though?

Just now, Brreadloaf said:

That make sense, does it comply with the terms and stuff though?

Definitely not.  Youtube specifically says they don't allow downloading from them.  I'm not sure about soundcloud, you'd have to look into that.  I assume not though or you wouldn't need a special app to do what you're saying.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Definitely not.  Youtube specifically says they don't allow downloading from them.  I'm not sure about soundcloud, you'd have to look into that.  I assume not though or you wouldn't need a special app to do what you're saying.

Okey doke,

I would just use a converter but thats really ineffective for what I need, I need to download a whole heap of mainstream music for events and stuff, thanks for the replies btw.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Which is kind of funny considering streaming is downloading.

Also yes, this would be piracy.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

3 minutes ago, Brreadloaf said:

Okey doke,

I would just use a converter but thats really ineffective for what I need, I need to download a whole heap of mainstream music for events and stuff, thanks for the replies btw.

100% piracy in that case.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, Master Disaster said:

Which is kind of funny considering streaming is downloading.

Also yes, this would be piracy.

Yeah, kind of stupid for sure xD if you're watching/listening to the content, it's already been "downloaded" to your system, only difference is it wasn't saved for offline playback.

Thanks for all the replies, I thought this would count as piracy, especially considering it is mainstream music as well.

14 minutes ago, Brreadloaf said:

Buy the CDs are rip them. Technically you're not supposed to play them back to the public either but it beats downloading them.

1 hour ago, Brreadloaf said:

Google Music, Itune, Spotify or you rip CD yourself which all cost money. Nothing is really free unless you want to use Chinese/Indian music app but it missing alot of music and some are geo-blocked also are are hard codded in their native language.

Magical Pineapples