Jörg Sprave, creator of The Slingshot Channel, attends a meeting with Youtube

johnwalter1044

Hello everyone, i am somewhat fresh on the forum. I had trouble finding where to post news topics that can be covered in the WAN show, so i posted it here.

I do not want to brake any posting rules as to where should this be posted.

Jörg Sprave, owner and creator of The Slingshot Channel had a hard time as most of the creators on Youtube for years now.

Continuously trying to contact the Youtube officials he had several talks with the staff and was interviewed at the Denison University.

His latest achievement was attending a meeting with Youtube in Zurich about the entire situation.

His report is here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1alDn6nkAvu__Fn7ZCdwxV77OR22d9w1i&fbclid=IwAR3U3ClAIEeRAlNoFbhfzvYbEb0hpCe6x0plz47UMrttWH__n0TxsOFGWUU

TLDR;

• Guy makes videos about weapons (Slingshots, crossbows, bow and arrows, knives, etc)
  • Notices that when his videos are demonetised by Youtube that the viewership on the videos also drops - (Youtube claims that having or not having Ads on videos does not impact 'Search & Discovery')
  • Guy puts on tin foil hat and comes up with a conspiracy theory that his videos are performing poorly due to the videos not containing ads. Thinks Youtube are punishing/not promoting his videos due to not having ads
  • Guy makes a video "Debunking" video, stating that Youtube is lying to everyone. (Note: Video appears to be designed to promote some sort of "Youtubers Union" that appears to have been created by him).
  • Youtube Reps offer to meet with him to discuss the issues he's facing with his channel.
  • Turns out the reason his videos are being demonetised is because they are being flagged by Youtube as "Mature Content" for containing weapons. Due to its nature, "Mature content" reaches a smaller audience on Youtube, so as a result of being flagged Mature Content his viewership declines
  • He goes on to discuss how there are different types of Youtubers and describes himself as an "Edgy" youtuber and after that I just stopped reading.

Nothing really to discuss here.

1 hour ago, johnwalter1044 said:

Jörg Sprave, owner and creator of The Slingshot Channel had a hard time as most of the creators on Youtube for years now.

According to the link, Youtube provided him with expert analysis of his channel and helped him identify areas that were causing issues with his channel and its growth, such as monetising his videos too early in the channels growth, poor thumbnails, poor video titles, and uploading videos in multiple languages which would 'confuse' viewers (I guess people were starting to watch a video, see that it's in a different language and then immediately stop watching the video, which would result in lots of short watch time on his videos and hurt his analytics and channel rating). They've agreed to give him ongoing support and advice to help grow his channel.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Not sure why this would be discussed on the WAN show, it really seems like it's an inexperienced YTber that doesn't understand the platform ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

5 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

Not sure why this would be discussed on the WAN show, it really seems like it's an inexperienced YTber that doesn't understand the platform ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No, i figured that is the reason why it should be. Because it's funny it even happened.