Appraisal of my 980ti

Antroid

Hello everyone,

I want to sell my evga 980ti SC2 (not reference card) with a metal back plate. I have an issue with this card, there is a coil whine even in idle. 

So my question is for how much can sell it to and also does it means the card is going to die or it will eventually degrade in performance after awhile?

Unfortunately I don't have a warranty on this card so I won't be able to RMA it. 

I researched online and it seems there is no a clear solution to how to fix it, but I didn't find any answers about my other question (performance and long term use of the card could lead to break it eventually)

Thanks for your help! 

Coil whine usually doesn't degrade performance, it's just the fans being loud. I wouldn't buy a 980Ti for more than 250 USD, I'd probably pay 200 or so for your card.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Coil whine is not from fans, it is AC ripple in the vrm chokes making an audible buzz much like a speaker. The first thing to look at would be your psu.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

I'm sorry for the late reply, I was busy at work.

The noise isn't coming from the fans as asand1 mentioned, actually now it seem to be just fine.

I wanted to try out 3dmark, so I downloaded the free version at the first time I got 9800 points but then every single time I attempt to run it 

I'm getting 0 score, the cpu test isn't completed, so I'm not sure what's going on, I have tried to reinstall windows and just installed nvidia's drivers and 3dmark but the 

problem persists. 

My rig is quite old

CPU: phenom 1055T x6

RAM: 8GB

Power supply: Antec earthwatts 650W

I tried with my old 770 gtx and the score remains the same,

Thanks again for the help 

I tried but I don't think it successful updated the CPU drivers 

11 hours ago, FaintLocket424 said:

Have you tried reinstalling the CPU drivers?

13 minutes ago, Antroid said:

I tried but I don't think it successful updated the CPU drivers 

Cpu drives lol ,? Wtf haha

u mean gpu

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper