gigabytefxa-uhd with fx-8350 AND 2080ti fe?

i get the last part of my pc on the 9th(the 9900k) but i heard rumors of the 2080 ti fe failing (especialy my serialnummberregion) so could i test the 2080 ti on my old pc with a gigabite motherboard? by testing i mean running it  to see if there is no fault of the 2080 ti fe! when i does not i would have to rma it! are these even compatable to run?

CPU: Intel I9-9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI CODE RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO 3200MHZ GPU: Asus ROG 2080ti OC Storage: Samsung 970pro 2x1TB, 2Tb HDD Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling:custom loop incoming, for now 360 rog ryujin!

PCIe is backwards compatible, so yes, it would work. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Oh yes if it's just to see if it works it doesn't matter if it's the now obsolete FX-8350

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Run a demanding game at 4k and try and get the gpu to be loaded as much as possible. Maybe even do a resolutionslider if needed as my failed rtx 2080ti would cause issues when under heavier load much faster than when at lower loads like while playing overwatch at 1080p compared to the new assassins creed. I would get a crash in assassins creed within 10 mins usually sometimes even 1 minute while overwatch I could go for about an hour or 2 before it would cause a crash. Battlefield 1 took about 20 minutes. 

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

Run a demanding game at 4k and try and get the gpu to be loaded as much as possible. Maybe even do a resolutionslider if needed as my failed rtx 2080ti would cause issues when under heavier load much faster than when at lower loads like while playing overwatch at 1080p compared to the new assassins creed. I would get a crash in assassins creed within 10 mins usually sometimes even 1 minute while overwatch I could go for about an hour or 2 before it would cause a crash. Battlefield 1 took about 20 minutes. 

i dont have a 4k monitor only a 1080p for now im waiting for black friday! i have 3d mark does it work with it too?

CPU: Intel I9-9900K Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus XI CODE RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO 3200MHZ GPU: Asus ROG 2080ti OC Storage: Samsung 970pro 2x1TB, 2Tb HDD Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling:custom loop incoming, for now 360 rog ryujin!

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

This will determine if the GPU actually works.

But any FX 8xxx CPU will bottleneck the GPU, and bottleneck it pretty badly.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

true so i cant test it correctly untill i build my pc! but if the 2080 ti is failing and crases could that cause damage to my new parts as well?

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

Like I said I had a bad card and same with others with similar issues. It seems to be an issue when under heavy load rather than a light load so I would say no. It would be the equivalent of having an unstable overclock and only test it by browsing on the internet and then say it's stable. 

3 minutes ago, Bayonett Priest said:

i dont have a 4k monitor only a 1080p for now im waiting for black friday! i have 3d mark does it work with it too?

I would just find a game with a resolution slider and simply render at 4k or higher. Alot of games allow you to render at a higher resolution and then downscale it to 1080p for better visuals. Farcry 5 is one example. 

i have far cry 5! how do you do that? i never fondled with the settings

There should be a setting in the graphics that has a percentage renderscale or something of that sort. It should be at 100% normally but you can increace it to a higher percentage to get it to render at a 4k render scale. I would increace it to 200% and see what that does to gpu usage. Turn it up after that if the usage isn't 80+ usage to something that goes to high usage most of the time. 

7 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Like I said I had a bad card and same with others with similar issues. It seems to be an issue when under heavy load rather than a light load so I would say no. It would be the equivalent of having an unstable overclock and only test it by browsing on the internet and then say it's stable. 

i still have time to return it! i could buy one again and hope the serialnumber is higher! as time progresses does the serialnummber increse?

1 minute ago, Bayonett Priest said:

i still have time to return it! i could buy one again and hope the serialnumber is higher! as time progresses does the serialnummber increse?

I would test it first as they have limited stock and it might take awhile to get a new one. Here is the settings i was talking about. 

Rok8t6ARsBRSopBW5HMp5K-650-80.jpg

12 minutes ago, Bayonett Priest said:

true so i cant test it correctly untill i build my pc! but if the 2080 ti is failing and crases could that cause damage to my new parts as well?

Not likely, usually if a GPU dies, it goes more or less peacefully. It's not a PSU, which can take up to a whole system with it.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

7 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Not likely, usually if a GPU dies, it goes more or less peacefully. It's not a PSU, which can take up to a whole system with it.

thats realy reasuring cause i was in panic that when i build my pc and then the gpu crashes and damages other parts! thats why i asked if i could return it and get a new one right of the bat(on the nvidia site i can put it in the cart so there is gpus in stock!)! luckily the 9900k has internal graphics so i could still run my pc just not play aaa games for a while

7 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

I would test it first as they have limited stock and it might take awhile to get a new one. Here is the settings i was talking about. 

Rok8t6ARsBRSopBW5HMp5K-650-80.jpg

on the nvidia site i can put it in the cart so there is gpus in stock in germany( "in einkaufwagen" means put in cart)!

https://www.nvidia.com/de-de/geforce/20-series/?nvid=nv-int-54141#cid=Internal_NVIDIA_DE_20181001_TURING_CORPSFG

1 minute ago, Bayonett Priest said:

on the nvidia site i can put it in the cart so there is gpus in stock in germany( "in einkaufwagen" means put in cart)!

https://www.nvidia.com/de-de/geforce/20-series/?nvid=nv-int-54141#cid=Internal_NVIDIA_DE_20181001_TURING_CORPSFG

Usually you will be able to purchase one but it will take a long time for the order to be fulfilled.