help me out if you've got time :)

flashiling

Hey people.

i'm just looking around the internet for a pc that i can buy after my 18th birthday and i'm no expert on the subject of fully built computers.

so i just wanted to hear if anyone here had a good idea if i'm bottlenecking anything here, or any upgrades/downgrades would seem better.

(the full price in usd is around 1800$ and i'm in denmark so i cant buy anything from amazon without a 80$ shipping)

Udklip.PNG

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

What are the comparisons for the gpu prices in denmark for the 2070, 2080, 1080 and 1080ti?  Also are you planning to only game or multitask/productivity too?

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

Swap out the 120mm AIo for a Air cooler.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Just now, SolarNova said:

Swap out the 120mm AIo for a an air cooler.

I like the bequiet dark rock 4 if you need an inexpensive one (under $80 usd usually)

My current rig:

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

You might wanna use pc part picker if it's available for Denmark. 

What are you gonna do with the pc though? Gaming? -> what kinda games, what resolution, what settings/fps do you expect? 

Video editing? -> Programms? 

Rendering? 

Calculations? 

??? 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

a 2070 is about the same as a 1080ti 8gb.

and i'll mostly game with youtube and such in the background

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

1 minute ago, flashiling said:

Get the 1080ti then, the 2070 is a 1080, the 1080ti is better.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

1 minute ago, FloRolf said:

You might wanna use pc part picker if it's available for Denmark. 

What are you gonna do with the pc though? Gaming? -> what kinda games, what resolution, what settings/fps do you expect? 

Video editing? -> Programms? 

Rendering? 

Calculations? 

??? 

i actually don't know since i've always been on a budget. but i will try out things like bo4 with high graphics and asassinscreed games.
but mainly things like wow.

i know that its overkill for world of warcraft only. but i also play alot of other things and i want it to last for a long time.

Get the 1080ti.  Also its 11gb, not 8.  Swap the cooler like @SolarNova said and I'd recommend an evga g2/3 650 or 750w psu instead.

My current rig:

Get the 1080ti then, the 2070 is a 1080, the 1080ti is better.

its a campaign. so i cant get the 1080ti. its the 2070 or 2080. 

What? 

My current rig:

Consider building the system yourself. PC building is kinda like an Adult version of Lego, you cant really mess up and there are plenty of guides online to reference. Will also save you some money.

Just now, hconverse02 said:

What? 

its a limited offer that the website has. (dont know when it ends)
which means i can't change a lot of things in the build

Consider bulding the system yourself. PC building is kinda like an Adult version of Lego, you cant really mess up and there are plenty of guides online to reference. Will also save you some money.

^^ Don't buy prebuilt, especially at this price range.

My current rig:

Just now, flashiling said:

its a limited offer that the website has. (dont know when it ends)
which means i can't change a lot of things in the build

It's not a good enough offer to best building your own system

My current rig:

1 minute ago, SolarNova said:

Consider building the system yourself. PC building is kinda like an Adult version of Lego, you cant really mess up and there are plenty of guides online to reference. Will also save you some money.

would it be better to wait for black friday then? ( even though black friday in denmark is only about 50$ saved on a 3000$ pc)

3 minutes ago, flashiling said:

would it be better to wait for black friday then? ( even though black friday in denmark is only about 50$ saved on a 3000$ pc)

If you can wait, then yes. i would hope u could save more since building it urself means buying each part , each one hopefully having some kind of discount on it.

Also building it urself would mean ur not paying a premium for a fully built system, so u save somthing straight of the bat anyway.

Just now, flashiling said:

No, it would be better to buy all the parts separately and build your own computer.  

My current rig:

1 minute ago, hconverse02 said:

No, it would be better to buy all the parts separately and build your own computer.  

okay i will check up on that. thanks a lot :)

13 minutes ago, flashiling said:

Hey people.

i'm just looking around the internet for a pc that i can buy after my 18th birthday and i'm no expert on the subject of fully built computers.

so i just wanted to hear if anyone here had a good idea if i'm bottlenecking anything here, or any upgrades/downgrades would seem better.

(the full price in usd is around 1800$ and i'm in denmark so i cant buy anything from amazon without a 80$ shipping)

Udklip.PNG

The one thing I see standing out is your cooling solution. You will want more than a 120mm AIO cooling that thing. I would either aim for a big air cooler or for a 240mm AIO.

11 minutes ago, Supportsneedlove said:

Hvor køber du fra?

froggaming

4 minutes ago, flashiling said:

froggaming

Jeg regner med at du er i Odense så. Så jeg ville anbefale dig at købe komponenterne hver for sig og så selv bygge den. Hvis du ikke rigtigt har mod på det, kan du finde altid finde en på DBA der kan gøre det for dig. De plejer at ta omkring de 200 kroner. En bette lokal computer butik kunne også nok bygge en for dig. Det er bare om at undersøge.