MSI Z97 G45 Gaming BIOS messed up

This is what my BIOS looks like...

Boots no problem, Win works just fine...

i7 4770 non K, R9 FuryX

Any tips on how to fix it?

IU0sFL9KRLyalG6ifkiZCA.jpg

wow someone came really close to brick this motherboard...it's amazing that it still work...can you still access all the settings/options or is this BIOS un-useable?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I tried the CMOS clean, even removed the MB battery, but no change...

I can't anything else, and only thing I can interact with is the OC Genie and XMP buttons, but all the F keys commands work

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

wow someone came really close to brick this motherboard...it's amazing that it still work...can you still access all the settings/options or is this BIOS un-useable?

the MB is brand new (back from RMA)

1 minute ago, mrbenediktvi said:

I tried the CMOS clean, even removed the MB battery, but no change...

I can't anything else, and only thing I can interact with is the OC Genie and XMP buttons, but all the F keys commands work

you bought this used or you fuck'd it up yourself? :)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Just now, mrbenediktvi said:

the MB is brand new (back from RMA)

well then...time to fill up an RMA and send this shit back cause obviously it's NOT brand new...this is an old board that someone messed with and somehow it still alive but barely hanging on...

OK

One last question... I had a very similar issue with my last MB (H81 Asus) after I installed my FuryX, BIOS flash resolved it..

Is there a way to flash the BIOS from Win, or without need to interact with the BIOS itself???

i think MSI has an APP that would allow you to perform a BIOS update to that motherboard within your windows environment...this might be worth a shot if you can successfully push a valid BIOS version to the motherboard it might fix it completely...or it might not and it might kill it completely as well...

Just now, mrbenediktvi said:

OK

One last question... I had a very similar issue with my last MB (H81 Asus) after I installed my FuryX, BIOS flash resolved it..

Is there a way to flash the BIOS from Win, or without need to interact with the BIOS itself???

Yes see previous my comment sry...

i think MSI has an APP that would allow you to perform a BIOS update to that motherboard within your windows environment...this might be worth a shot if you can successfully push a valid BIOS version to the motherboard it might fix it completely...or it might not and it might kill it completely as well...

5 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

well then...time to fill up an RMA and send this shit back cause obviously it's NOT brand new...this is an old board that someone messed with and somehow it still alive but barely hanging on...

I am pretty sure it just came back from a service, it was sealed in a bag and a box, with the service documentation included...

3 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Yes see previous my comment sry...

found the app... going to try it

OK... No luck with that

The BIOS updated no problem, but it looks still the same

Last thing that I can come up with is removing my AMD GPU and trying running from my iGPU

with the iGPU it looks like this... So there is definitely something wrong with it...

H2Ywg0B7RaeoaF9xc5o7yg.jpg

So, I unplugged the Radeon GPU and used the iGPU (via VGA, HDMI did not work) and the BIOS came up completely fine. Everything works as it should... Problem being when I insert the GPU the BIOS resets to default... Since I cannot overclock the CPU, and the GPU can be overclocked in Win, thats fine...

So glad the MB is not dead (completely) only the HDMI GUI is somehow glitched out ? and CPU temp says 0C

One last question: Is it somehow possible to make Fan Curves respect "System" temperature rather than "CPU" temperature (that one is not reported properly)???