• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ram speed and latency ,gaming performance

My rig:

i5 7500

gtx 1060 3gb

8 gb ddr4 2133 Mhz ram probably cl15

ssd 250 gb(the standard one,not high end)

60 hz monitor

Especially for pubg:

1. Is there much difference in gaming performance in terms of fps,stuttering,minor lags if i upgrade from 2133 Mhz to 3000 Mhz?

2. Whats the Latency thats ideal for gaming nowadays ,mine is cl15,i heard cl13 is the best?  will there difference in terms of stutter,lags? because in hotzones where alot of people drop my fps drops below 60 and its unplayable(eg. bootcamp main building)

3. Will adding another exact same ram of 8gb in dual channel solve this problem,because alot of redditers say it will and some say it wont..... 

4. Currently while i am playing my ram usage is 80 percent in game (and not in lobby area).

5. Fortnite,call of duty blackout,and other high end games seem to work proper,its only problem is with pubg,does buying a new ram solve the issues with pubg?

27 minutes ago, Ajinkya112 said:

My rig:

i5 7500

gtx 1060 3gb

8 gb ddr4 2133 Mhz ram probably cl15

ssd 250 gb(the standard one,not high end)

60 hz monitor

Especially for pubg:

1. Is there much difference in gaming performance in terms of fps,stuttering,minor lags if i upgrade from 2133 Mhz to 3000 Mhz?

2. Whats the Latency thats ideal for gaming nowadays ,mine is cl15,i heard cl13 is the best?  will there difference in terms of stutter,lags? because in hotzones where alot of people drop my fps drops below 60 and its unplayable(eg. bootcamp main building)

3. Will adding another exact same ram of 8gb in dual channel solve this problem,because alot of redditers say it will and some say it wont..... 

4. Currently while i am playing my ram usage is 80 percent in game (and not in lobby area).

5. Fortnite,call of duty blackout,and other high end games seem to work proper,its only problem is with pubg,does buying a new ram solve the issues with pubg?

1. This does not affect performance much unless your using AMD based CPU

2. also will not matter very much and does not cause or prevent stuttering

3. it could potentially help if running out of ram ( as you have mentioned in 4.) is the issue, it will use the SSD to compensate which increases reaction time

4. as mentiond at 3. :P

5. Pubg is a bit more intense on the CPU and RAM side of things, if you want to test this out Lower the texture quality in game to see if it runs more stable

Hopefully i was not to shot on the answers :P

Positive Mental Additude!

Just another Tired IT guy...