Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Should I buy the ASUS PG279Q?

OmniPerfect

This is actually more of a "is there any reason not to buy it," than whether I should. I want everything it has; 27", 165Hz refresh rate, 1440p resolution, g-sync and good height adjust. I have heard that they can have some bad backlight bleed, however I don't think I will notice that too much whilst playing CS:GO. Also it's combined response time is very low, lower than a lot of TN panels (from the limited sources I've read, take this with a grain of salt). 

It sounds perfect for me, and it's currently only $840 AUD, which is $100 cheaper than normal, on a sale. So is there any reason NOT TO BUY this? I'm just scared to invest that amount of money and find out later I shouldn't have bought it, so I'm trying to cover all my options.

Thanks heaps for the help in advance guys :)

It's a great monitor and really nice to play almost any game on. I personally couldn't play overwatch on the thing because input lag was too much for me so I call b.s. on it being lower input lag that a tn monitor. Don't get me wrong it's a wonderful monitor with amazing visuals but for super competitive gaming I wouldn't use it personally. 

@Brooksie359 I'm impressed you can tell the difference between 4ms and 1ms response times.

@OmniPerfect Whoever said it's response time is lower is incorrect, that being said the PG279Q is a great monitor as long as you have the hardware to drive the resolution and fresh rate.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

3 minutes ago, Velcade said:

@Brooksie359 I'm impressed you can tell the difference between 4ms and 1ms response times.

@OmniPerfect Whoever said it's response time is lower is incorrect, that being said the PG279Q is a great monitor as long as you have the hardware to drive the resolution and fresh rate.

I play tracer in overwatch in masters. Split seconds make a world of difference. 

@Brooksie359 @Velcade I read the review on TFT, and it compares the total pixel response time plus input lag, I think I worded it incorrectly in the post. There will be more ghosting then a 1ms but the total time from when I move the mouse to when things move on screen would be less than the TN counterparts(based on that 1 review sample)

But thanks for the comments, I don't plan on playing at a competitive level so I'm going to get it. Let's hope I roll the dice well with backlight bleed @Brooksie359 @Velcade

10 minutes ago, OmniPerfect said:

But thanks for the comments, I don't plan on playing at a competitive level so I'm going to get it. Let's hope I roll the dice well with backlight bleed @Brooksie359 @Velcade

Yeah for anything else the Monitor is amazing for as long as you can run at 1440p comfortably. You don't need to hit 144 fps because it has gsync meaning even if it's at 60 fps it will still run quite well but if there are games you can hit higher fps you have a monitor that can take advantage of that.