WatchOS 5.1 bricking some Apple Watches

jt999
1 hour ago, 79wjd said:

I know what they're rated for, and they easily last longer. I took my watch off the charger this morning -- 11 hours ago and I'm at 91%.

I charge my Series 4 every third day when I’m sleeping, they last a lot longer than Apple rate them for.

Apple just updated my case with "Couldn't replicate the issue" and are shipping it back to me. Now it's either miraculously fixed itself or there is some bullshit going on here...

On 11/2/2018 at 10:12 AM, Sauron said:

Uhm... that's objectively false. Just open amazon.com and search for "smartwatch".

I’m talking about MY experiences with MY technology. Apple products have been the most stable by far! I really don’t care about you pushing a false narrative about Apple products being unreliable. 

On 11/2/2018 at 11:24 AM, Curufinwe_wins said:

I don't really know what to say. I've used a Series 3 and have friends that use them, and none of us have managed more than 2 days on it. I'm not sure if its notification settings, always on settings, or use-case changes (workout use maybe?) Honestly not sure.

I guess its good to know that someone does sl well (relatively speaking) with them.

It’s workouts. Workouts kill mine faster but normally it lasts 3 days 

8 hours ago, TechGod said:

I’m talking about MY experiences with MY technology. Apple products have been the most stable by far! I really don’t care about you pushing a false narrative about Apple products being unreliable. 

Anecdotes are the worst kind of evidence. You can believe what you want, but when you start lying on a public forum you'll be called out.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

12 hours ago, Sauron said:

Anecdotes are the worst kind of evidence. You can believe what you want, but when you start lying on a public forum you'll be called out.

Lying? How? Really, I wanna know how I lied. 

6 minutes ago, TechGod said:

Lying? How? Really, I wanna know how I lied. 

Evey ofher company’s product has shat itself. Apple products are the only goddamn things that lived.

Since it's objectively not true that every other product from different companies is dead, this is a lie.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

58 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Since it's objectively not true that every other product from different companies is dead, this is a lie.

I already mentioned products in my household. I did not lie. 

Stop trying to think I generalised it to everyone. 

Just an update, mines now come back from Apple - they haven't really admitted to being at fault but it's back running WatchOS 5.0.1 and it's working. Unsure why they are saying they couldn't replicate the problem but as long as it's functional I can't complain too much!

I'd love to test this but my watch didn't get WatchOS 5 ? . 

Love the look of the new iWatch 4 though, so I might get one. 

2 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

I'd love to test this but my watch didn't get WatchOS 5 ? . 

Love the look of the new iWatch 4 though, so I might get one. 

If you're still on an OG model... oh gosh, upgrade!  I saw a huge difference going from that to Series 3, with Series 4 it would be a minor epiphany.  The Watch has gone from an early adopter device to something you can genuinely appreciate every day.

5.1.1 updated fine for me, but was a tense 15 minutes!

I upgraded from Series 2 to 4 and notice the difference, those on S0 will be a huge upgrade!

1 hour ago, Commodus said:

If you're still on an OG model... oh gosh, upgrade!  I saw a huge difference going from that to Series 3, with Series 4 it would be a minor epiphany.  The Watch has gone from an early adopter device to something you can genuinely appreciate every day.

I just can’t afford it right now, but I do use mine every day and it’s so cool to see the exercise I apparently do lol. Looking forward to the bigger screen, doesn’t matter too much about waterproofing. Yeah though love the device and have been using mine since 2015.

25 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

I just can’t afford it right now, but I do use mine every day and it’s so cool to see the exercise I apparently do lol. Looking forward to the bigger screen, doesn’t matter too much about waterproofing. Yeah though love the device and have been using mine since 2015.

Understood... well, let's put it this way: you're going to notice the difference when you're ready.  Night and day in my case.