Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

evga ftw z370 vs asrock extreme4 z370

mxk

I've been swinging back and forth between motherboards for a little bit. I was initially going with the msi z390 tomahawk because of its 4 usb 3.1 gen 2 ports, but I realized I probably didn't need that and can get better overclocks on a z370 mobo at the same price. I'm debating between the ASRock Extreme4 Z370 and EVGA FTW Z370.

- extreme4 has better audio, 12 power phases, and 1 rgb header

- evga ftw has 11 power phases, average audio, and no rgb

I'm leaning towards the extreme4 personally, since I would love to get somewhat of my HiFi setup's quality on my pc and some rgb (my current mobo's audio jacks don't work MMMMM).

I just want to ask, do any of you think the extreme4's +$30 from the evga ftw is worth it? And also, if anyone can answer this, will the overclocks be much different?

P.S. I'm buying an 8600k then probably upgrading to a 8/9700k in the future

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Well, the ASRock Extreme4 also has a bit better power delivery. Also i personally prefer ASRock over the EVGA but you should wait what others have to say. 0 experience with EVGA boards.

TL;DR : My choice would be ASRock Extreme4.

EDIT: EVGA =/= MSI , need my coffee...

Just now, Mholes said:

Well, the ASRock Extreme4 also has a bit better power delivery. Also i personally prefer ASRock over the MSI but you should wait what others have to say. 0 experience with MSI boards.

TL;DR : My choice would be ASRock Extreme4.

Uh... It's an EVGA board

From what I hear the EVGA board is very good. Tha being said, I think ASRock is a little more established in the motherboard parts, and is most likely the better overall choice. $30 though on similarly optioned motherboards is a bit hard to justify. For such similar power delivery, the OC results you get will depend more on how well you fare in the silicon lottery. So it's more up to you I think lol do you want to spend the extra cash?

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

2 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

Uh... It's an EVGA board

From what I hear the EVGA board is very good. Tha being said, I think ASRock is a little more established in the motherboard parts, and is most likely the better overall choice. $30 though on similarly optioned motherboards is a bit hard to justify. For such similar power delivery, the OC results you get will depend more on how well you fare in the silicon lottery. So it's more up to you I think lol do you want to spend the extra cash?

Yea :D i was reading another thread with MSI board so it stuck with me.

6 hours ago, Cereal5 said:

Uh... It's an EVGA board

it's probably not to big of a deal since the extreme4 from ASRock is $158 USD and the msi board is $156, so I'm still keeping it the same

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu