Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A video player for Windows 10

Standtall

Greetings,

I'm looking for a video player like KMplayer that does not have ads attached.    What i love about KMplayer is the ability to hit next and get the next video in the folder vice skipping ahead 30 seconds or 5 mins.   Does any other player do the same thing.   Windows media player does do what i'm talking about but i will have to add codecs to make it work for all formats.    I could not get Potplayer or Gom to do what i'm talking about when i hit next it just jumped forward X amount of time.

KMplayer ads are getting a touch annoying.  I would rather pay for a pro version to help with cost.  

Thoughts

1 minute ago, Standtall said:

Greetings,

I'm looking for a video player like KMplayer that does not have ads attached.    What i love about KMplayer is the ability to hit next and get the next video in the folder vice skipping ahead 30 seconds or 5 mins.   Does any other player do the same thing.   Windows media player does do what i'm talking about but i will have to add codecs to make it work for all formats.    I could not get Potplayer or Gom to do what i'm talking about when i hit next it just jumped forward X amount of time.

KMplayer ads are getting a touch annoying.  I would rather pay for a pro version to help with cost.  

Thoughts

Have you tried VLC? It's free and supports quite a few codecs. I'm not much of an expert on this sort of subject but I've always found that VLC is pretty good for watching movies.

Yes, VLC also just jumps ahead vice going to the next file.   Also this feature is useful when your watching a show in the background and doing other work.   The next file will just start like your watching netflix.  Some of these programs may have a setting to do what i'm talking about.  If so, that's what i'm looking for.   

34 minutes ago, Judd said:

Leawo Blu-Ray player is what I have always used, works great for me. https://www.leawo.com/blu-ray-player/

I believe it can skip to the next file but not automatically. You have to press next. You can also skip sections easily.

I never heard of that one.   I will have to look into it.. 

Thanks all,

GOM player can do what I want I just had to go to settings.   Under preferences => General =>   Add all videos in the directory to playlist (Check it) and Sort playlist automatically (Check it) =>  Save/Close.    When you want to skip to the next movie then right click with the right mouse button and it will play the next video on the list.

Thanks again.

5 hours ago, Standtall said:

Yes, VLC also just jumps ahead vice going to the next file.   Also this feature is useful when your watching a show in the background and doing other work.   The next file will just start like your watching netflix.  Some of these programs may have a setting to do what i'm talking about.  If so, that's what i'm looking for.   

If you use the playlist function of VLC then it will behave like you want it. You can just add the entire directory to the playlist and it will auto play the next in line.

On 10/30/2018 at 8:25 PM, Standtall said:

Just select all the files... right click, then "add to VLC playlist". It'll play through all of them and you can skip through them.