How long does it take for my bank to notifying me a charge has came out?

WolfLoverPro

So I ordered somthing online and it must of worked otherwise I would have an email right ?

but normally I have the app on my phone but no charges have appeared yet ..... I know it has delays sometimes but can someone tell me how long the delay is until it shows a charge on my card 

I’m paranoid that it hasn’t like taken money I also like to see if I haven’t been charged more XDDDDDD

If you have paid with your paypal and you have added your bank as a withdrawal location, it may take up to 5 days for the charge to come out of your account.

If you have set your (debit, visa, credit) card as the withdrawal location, it will be instantaneous,

Banks do not give out emails, you simply check your banks app for the amount you paid.

No emails are sent to you by no bank. If it's a card transaction then it should be instant, if you used a third party payment gateway like (PayPal, Stripe, LeoPay or such) realistically it takes between 4 to 20 hours but it can be 3 or 4 days. It really depends, so don't worry.

There is slight chance that there is some issues with the bank currently (happened to me once, but overnight they fixed the problem).

5 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Banks do not give out emails, you simply check your banks app for the amount you paid.

5 hours ago, voiha said:

No emails are sent to you by no bank. If it's a card transaction then it should be instant, if you used a third party payment gateway like (PayPal, Stripe, LeoPay or such) realistically it takes between 4 to 20 hours but it can be 3 or 4 days. It really depends, so don't worry.

There is slight chance that there is some issues with the bank currently (happened to me once, but overnight they fixed the problem).

oh i mean

i paid using my card debit on amazon

i havent ever paid online with my card its my first time for ONLINE payment by card

i just wanted to know how long it would take to show up in the app like example

i bought £30 voucher for someone birthday on aamzon it was a Egiftcard but nothing showed up in my bank app that money has been taken out i just wanted to know how long it takes for that to show up ?

4 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

oh i mean

i havent ever paid online with my card its my first time for ONLINE payment by card

i bought £30 voucher for someone birthday on aamzon it was a Egiftcard but nothing showed up in my bank app that money has been taken out i just wanted to know how long it takes for that to show up ?

I don't think amazon charges until it's ready to ship or they've processed the order.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

7 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

oh i mean

It will take some time, it's not an automated process after they are finished with the payment order, you'll be charged.

3 hours ago, voiha said:

It will take some time, it's not an automated process after they are finished with the payment order, you'll be charged.

3 hours ago, DarkEnergy said:

I don't think amazon charges until it's ready to ship or they've processed the order.

well it was a egift card and technically they deliver to my email instantly or 3 minutes

so the card will charge as soon as the card got delivered to my account or it takes the money before then sends it

Credit cards will often have a waiting period before actually posting the charge to your account.

Also most places won't tell you a transaction has been posted unless you specifically set up your settings to do so. Like I have my credit card set up to notify me if a charge of over some amount was done.

5 hours ago, WolfLoverPro said:

you check your bank statements for that debit card

the person rocking the teller doesn't know shit

If it's a debit card the funds will generally be placed on hold in the account. You will see the available balance change but no transaction listing will appear until the payment has been fully processed. 

Time frame depends on how Amazon run their settlements. Should be no more than a couple of days 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I once made a call from a payphone while sitting at a table in a diner at a Husky and I used my debit card to pay for that call, obviously it was long distance, then I tried to buy a pop and the bank called the cashier.

However I can get a Western Union transfer from anywhere in the world, say $3000 from a Western Union service provider at an underground train station in Spain where I hit the wc and split it up. 1/3 into shoe, other 1/3 into boxers, other 1/3 into the other shoe. Bank didn't do shit.

How do you expect us to know? It depends on a lot of variables.

When does the store charge your account? Some does it as soon as the order is placed. Some do it when the order is shipped. Some do it in batches at set dates.

Once the store has sent the info to your bank, your bank itself can have different time periods where they update your account information.

For example my bank (Nordea, with a debit card) will often show purchases in my account history fairly quickly, but they will be marked as "reservation" and the money won't have been charged from my account yet. For example right now I have a "reservation" for 98 SEK in my account from when I bought lunch this Tuesday.

Just chill and wait a few days. Login to your bank on Saturday and check again.

If you are worried about something then you're going to need to contact your bank, not LTT Forums.