ASRock X470 Master SLI/AC vs ASUS Prime X470-Pro

Ever since I picked up a Ryzen 2700 for C$290 on an Amazon one-day sale last week I've been looking at motherboard options. I've been primarily leaning towards the ASUS Prime X470-Pro because of the good reviews. Right now, they're about C$205. I noticed today that Canada Computers has a discount and mail-in rebate for the ASRock X470 Master SLI/AC which brings the price down to C$154 which seems like a pretty damn good deal.

After comparing some specs, I've noticed a few things I like more about the ASRock such as USB 3.1 Gen 2 type-C and of course built-in WiFi. The colour scheme isn't quite as nice as the ASUS but that's fine. However, I can't seem to find much in the realm of reviews for this board. The sale goes on until November 8th so I'm in no rush to find an answer.

I plan to do some overclocking with my Ryzen 2700. Which board should I go with?

For 150$, the asrock one no contest. However, there are other good mobos for 200$.

the gigabye x470 ultra gaming is also around 160$ at canada computers without mail in rebate so i would actually get that.

1 hour ago, mlitttler89 said:

Ever since I picked up a Ryzen 2700 for C$290 on an Amazon one-day sale last week I've been looking at motherboard options. I've been primarily leaning towards the ASUS Prime X470-Pro because of the good reviews. Right now, they're about C$205. I noticed today that Canada Computers has a discount and mail-in rebate for the ASRock X470 Master SLI/AC which brings the price down to C$154 which seems like a pretty damn good deal.

After comparing some specs, I've noticed a few things I like more about the ASRock such as USB 3.1 Gen 2 type-C and of course built-in WiFi. The colour scheme isn't quite as nice as the ASUS but that's fine. However, I can't seem to find much in the realm of reviews for this board. The sale goes on until November 8th so I'm in no rush to find an answer.

I plan to do some overclocking with my Ryzen 2700. Which board should I go with?

The ASUS Prime Pro overclocks better than the ASUS Chrosshair VII so that's something to consider.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case