Shadow by blade cloud computer streaming for gamers

Has anyone on here either other forum users or anyone at LMG tried out the Shadow by blade cloud gaming computer service https://shadow.tech/usen ? If so how well does it work? Does anyone have any benchmark scores from it. They are offering for $35 a month a 8 dedicated threads on a Xeon 256GB of SSD storage 12GB DDR4 RAM and a GTX 1080 equivalent graphics card with a 1Gbps down and 100Mbps up internet connection on the remote computer. I already stream my PC games over the internet via https://moonlight-stream.com/ 

or using Steam streaming over the internet which took a bit of configuring to get working I do this over a 200Mbps down and 50Mbps up connection at home. And it works ok for the most part I've played Destiny 2 at work streaming from my home PC. Linus Tech Tips should do a review of this service and post some benchmark scores. I just used the sales chat on the Shadow website to ask if they have any 3d mark or  other benchmark scores and they don't currently but I suggested they might want to post some benchmark scores if they are serious about selling the service to games.

Nice way concealing an ad.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

@bleedblue I'm not trying to advertise for them I'm actually curious about the service but don't feel like spending 35 bucks to find out how well it works so I figured I'd ask on here.

•streaming

•gaming

you can only pick one out of these two

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Good to know: Having your virtualized gaming rig in the cloud means you have to deal with higher latency, more overhead and potential downtime.

Now, regarding performance, since they did not disclose the exact server configuration, we have to figure out the details based on the given data.  All below are made assuming that they are using the latest technologies.

If they offer 8 thread, it must be 4C/8T. 12GB of memory indicates that they are likely in hexa channel mode, which is supported on Intel Xeon Scalable family (also Qualcomm Centriq, but seriously?), thus it must utilize multi socket system, more specifically dual socket considering the expansion options. Since there's no 2GB DDR4 modules and 8GB modules would be too much, it should have 4GB modules installed, so total memory per socket is 48GB, suitable for 4 instance per socket. Meaning that the system should have at least 16 physical core per socket. Leaving a few cores for hypervisor, we can definitively say that it runs a Xeon Gold 6138F or better. Consider the higher the core count, the lower its single thread performance will be, so I am giving it the benefit of doubt here.

From this chart, a 4C/8T virtualized CPU from a Xeon Gold 6138F should be somewhere close to a physical i7-3770K.

Paired with a 'GTX 1080' it should be fine for all modern games.

But, since you already have a gaming pc at home, I highly recommend you to follow this guide to set up a VPN at home for use with Steam in-home streaming over internet.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

By the way, there is a promotion running at the moment to give you £/$/€10 on your first month with the promo code SPOOKY. https://shop.shadow.tech/gben/invite/SPOOKY