Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ryzen 7 1700 cinebench small freeze

CrazyHKS

hello i have a problem at least i think i have a problem and that is my pc freezes up on cinebench  for like 10 seconds but it does not happen all the time some times it happens sometimes it doesn't and im not sure if there is a problem with my OC or not currently my ryzen 7 1700 is OCed at 3.2 GHz at 1.192 V  i had it at 1.28 V and it did the same thing i had an 3.5 GHz OC with 1.28 V and it had the same problem BUT at 3.5 GHz i was able to get 3-4 smooth runs  on cinebench but then i had game lag issues random fps drops in Forza horizon 4 from 74 fps on ultra to like 50 or even 30fps !! and to be honest im not sure what the problem is with that fps drops they still sometimes happen and i like have firefox with music in the background and teamspeak  and some other things but im not sure when i tab out  to change a song and like switch between tabs my firefox randomly lags not sure what that could be please help :((

pc specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 (atm stock cooler getting my AIO  on 5.nov.2018)
MOBO: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon
GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: CRUCIAL BALLISTIX LT SPORT 16GB DDR4
SSD: Samusng 850 EVO 250 GB
Crucial 525gb
WD 1TB BLUE

ede60503e589cd19984e1fc90a7efb39.png

What is cinebench's application affinity set to?

Are you using any screen overlays, such as discord, GeForce Experience, Steam, or others?

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

in cinebench  i have all cores being benched i didnt try single core mode . yes i use overlays such as geforce experiance for like fps and sometimes discord when it pops up so i can see if someone writes me also in csgo i have only 120 fps on high settings and i see people with the same setup run easy 260+ fps even my i5 6600  had more fps.

also my ram is OCed but thats like xmp profile so its from 2133 mhz stock to 2400mhz 16 16 16 16 timing i had it also up too 2667 but then the cinebench locked up for longer when i was at 3.3 ghz so i put it up to 3.5 ghz and it didnt stutter at all in cinebech but then in game after like 1 hour of playing forza horizon 4 all of a sudden when i looked left or right it dropped my fps from 70 to 25 and when i was going on a straight it also lagged every 20 seconds then i even closed my firefox and it did help a little but it was still happening

also the only things i changed in bios for cpu oc is like the cpu ghz and cpu voltage

screen overlays will effect performance and the more you stack on top of each other, the worse the hangups get.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

i only have geforce experiance overlay running when i play forza  and when i tab out to check firefox like to switch a song on youtube the tab like lags for like 10 seconds it like hangs for some reason