G20 upgrade to 1080

Kiel

Hi! 

Just need some help, I have a gtx 1070 version of g20cb with a 180 and 230w power brick. 

Do I need to adjust the jumpers so I can combined the power of 180 and 230w? And also do I need to use the extra male to male PCIE for the gpu? 

5 minutes ago, Kiel said:

Hi! 

Just need some help, I have a gtx 1070 version of g20cb with a 180 and 230w power brick. 

Do I need to adjust the jumpers so I can combined the power of 180 and 230w? And also do I need to use the extra male to male PCIE for the gpu? 

No the one brick is for the GPU and the other is for the system board. 

And what do you mean by male to male?  

Remember you'll want a blower card for that case.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

6 minutes ago, nick name said:

And what do you mean by male to male?  

both ends of the cord are meant to plug in, not get plugged into. 

ex. ANTPCIE-03-2.jpg.14e2cf852a5b9719f8ec7e50a06d81bb.jpg

My current code projects

--------------------------------

• C#/OpenGL ( using OpenTK graphics library API ) KnightsRealm ( unfinished, WIP plan on releasing on steam maybe a mobile port idk ) 2d topdown pixel art based game with medieval themes, sorcery, dragons, open world
  • C++ crypter ( if your into cryptography, I plan on releasing this on my website later :P
  • C#/OpenGL ( OpenGL for UI ) fan/light controller for my room w/ raspberry pi and some mechanical motors and stuff :D

Current repair projects

------------------------------

• My dreadful receiver ( a capacitor blew ) 
  • working on a PC from a client, CPU died within the system, seems like a short, replaced CPU and awaiting payment before I ship it back 
  • my old 1tb sas drive for my NAS, some blemishes or something on the PCB need to clear that back out, if it doesn't work i'll need to scrap it ( already backed up all my stuff thankfully )

If you want any software made, or stuff to be repaired give me an email! 
    mike.fernandez5138699@gmail.com

Just now, InMiseryWeSeekPancakes said:

both ends of the cord are meant to plug in, not get plugged into. 

ex. ANTPCIE-03-2.jpg.14e2cf852a5b9719f8ec7e50a06d81bb.jpg

But OP said male to male PCIe and that's what confused me.  Was he talking about power like pictured above?

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Yeah but is the 180w for the gpu on 1080 is enough? I know the tdp for 1080 is 180w but is it really enough? CoZ my stock gpu was 1070 which has 140w only and the brick comes with 180w so I'm thinking that I supposed to have extra power. 

Yeah that picture is a male to male PCIE, what is the use of that one? Coz it comes extra when I bought the unit. 

3 hours ago, Kiel said:

Yeah that picture is a male to male PCIE, what is the use of that one? Coz it comes extra when I bought the unit. 

Its for power to your graphics card or any pcie card that uses a high tdp...

3 hours ago, Kiel said:

Yeah but is the 180w for the gpu on 1080 is enough? I know the tdp for 1080 is 180w but is it really enough? CoZ my stock gpu was 1070 which has 140w only and the brick comes with 180w so I'm thinking that I supposed to have extra power. 

Are you implying on using a 180w psu on your gtx 1070 setup? If so, your wrong and you need at LEAST I would recommend a 550w psu, also keep in mind don't get any stock chinese no name psu's. Get good ones from either corsair or evga and for your setup I would get a gold for great efficiency. Also, get a multi railed psu if power outages are frequent because it can save your ass. Over here, theres alot of power outages and that can fry your motherboard, graphics card etc... there's alot of factors to a psu and I would choose wisely and don't cheap out. 

Like I said again, you cannot use a 180w psu on a gtx 1070 it isn't possible. Unless your talking about something else which I don't understand otherwise. 

My current code projects

--------------------------------

• C#/OpenGL ( using OpenTK graphics library API ) KnightsRealm ( unfinished, WIP plan on releasing on steam maybe a mobile port idk ) 2d topdown pixel art based game with medieval themes, sorcery, dragons, open world
  • C++ crypter ( if your into cryptography, I plan on releasing this on my website later :P
  • C#/OpenGL ( OpenGL for UI ) fan/light controller for my room w/ raspberry pi and some mechanical motors and stuff :D

Current repair projects

------------------------------

• My dreadful receiver ( a capacitor blew ) 
  • working on a PC from a client, CPU died within the system, seems like a short, replaced CPU and awaiting payment before I ship it back 
  • my old 1tb sas drive for my NAS, some blemishes or something on the PCB need to clear that back out, if it doesn't work i'll need to scrap it ( already backed up all my stuff thankfully )

If you want any software made, or stuff to be repaired give me an email! 
    mike.fernandez5138699@gmail.com

Ok so.. The g20cb is a pre built asus rog mini desktop which only has 2 power bricks like  "laptop" bricks. One is for gpu which has 180w and 230w for the. Motherboard.